Lead Singer - Interesting Angle

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited June 3, 2005 in People
taking a break in my processing, liked this shot a lot and wanted to share it. i was hoping i get could get some advice as to which is better black and white or color? this was taken at the knitting factory in nyc with my digital rebel, tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 @ 28mm f3.5, 1/160, iso 100.

23611212-M.jpg

23611073-M.jpg

Comments

• 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2005
    I prefer the color. He has intense eyes and it shows better in color imho.. Great shot as always..
  • Peter DumontPeter Dumont Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    Hi Barry !
    binghott wrote:
    taking a break in my processing, liked this shot a lot and wanted to share it. i was hoping i get could get some advice as to which is better black and white or color? this was taken at the knitting factory in nyc with my digital rebel, tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 @ 28mm f3.5, 1/160, iso 100.

23611212-M.jpg

23611073-M.jpg
    Nice shot !
    The colour one is very strong but the black and white could be nice too if done a bit less bleuish and with some grain added to make it look like a 60's fast b/w film shot.

Bye,
    Peter Dumont
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    thanks a lot, the rest of that night's shots should be online soon, i might share some more.

peter, i like your idea for the 60's fast shot.
    edited June 2, 2005
    here's another shot of the lead singer with a similar angle, any comments?

23711719-L.jpg
  • david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2005
    Barry, I prefer everything about the second shot, other than his hand stuck out there. For the first, I think I'd do some cropping and see how it looks. For me, I think it would better as portrait rather than landscape.

Very nice pictures from that Tamron 28-70. I'm looking for a fast lens in that range as well, either the Tamron or the Nikon. For the price of the Nikon, I could buy the Tamron and a Sigma 70-200 f2.8, maybe that's a better use of scarce funds.

From what I've read you were enjoying the Tamron. Is that still the case?
    edited June 3, 2005
    david_h wrote:
    Barry, I prefer everything about the second shot, other than his hand stuck out there. For the first, I think I'd do some cropping and see how it looks. For me, I think it would better as portrait rather than landscape.

Very nice pictures from that Tamron 28-70. I'm looking for a fast lens in that range as well, either the Tamron or the Nikon. For the price of the Nikon, I could buy the Tamron and a Sigma 70-200 f2.8, maybe that's a better use of scarce funds.

From what I've read you were enjoying the Tamron. Is that still the case?
    thanks! typically, i don't like to crop my band shots unless i absolutely have to and i like the framing of the second shot. i don't see how it would be better in portrait but if you could show me how you would crop it i think i'd understand you better.

and yes, i'm still madly in love with my 28-70 and continuing to neglect my pride and joy, canon 70-200 f/2.8 (see my pic <-- )