HDR; Down By The Spokane River

rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
edited March 27, 2009 in Landscapes
Here are a few shots down by the Spokane river. I have been learning to work with HDR.
I hope you enjoy these.

Ron

499560121_faQfU-L-1.jpg

499558965_JxwJE-L-2.jpg

499559708_eD6i8-L-1.jpg

499561282_yTij6-L-2.jpg
"The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95

Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2009
    Really tough to tell that these are HDR....could just be me. I feel HDR is suited alot more for scenes of high contrast from the initial take anyway. High contrast sky situations, lots of stark-contrasty shadows, etc.
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2009
    I guess my goal with HDR is for it to be some what hard to tell that the picture is HDR. I am trying to make the picture look like what my eye saw. Some HDR photos are way overdone for my liking.

Thanks for looking and commenting, Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2009
    ront wrote:
    I guess my goal with HDR is for it to be some what hard to tell that the picture is HDR. I am trying to make the picture look like what my eye saw. Some HDR photos are way overdone for my liking.

Thanks for looking and commenting, Ron

Perfectly understandable! I'm one of those that sees "HDR" and thinks, before even opening the thread, that it's going to be a surreal-type photograph. Some certainly can be overdone as you say. I am a true landscapist @ heart and the effects of HDR can be breathtaking. As you have pointed out, though, different results are always available. Your first shot is some-kind-of-super sharp! :D The HDR certainly helped in this manner. thumb.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2009
    Hey Ron that 3rd is amazing ! clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery