Acadia in March

PhotopaddlerPhotopaddler Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
edited April 3, 2009 in Landscapes
I just spent three days in Bar Harbor shooting in Acadia National Park althought the temperatures where cold and the winds were galeforce I did find places out of the wind (kinda) mostly I froze. Thanks for looking.

#1. Looking east from Grindstone neck in Winter Harbor on Schoodic Penninsula, part of which is also part of Acadia.
499965347_MymGx-L.jpg

#2. Still on GrindStone Neck
499965700_FCJat-L.jpg

#3. on Schoodic Point, in Acadia National Park, w/ Big Moose Island in the background
499966018_txbfS-L.jpg

#4. Schoodic Point
499966674_YWgw7-L.jpg

#5. Pre-dawn rays at Monment Cove
499968833_bnmGP-L.jpg

#6. The first rays hitting Otter Cliffs
499969311_VWctH-L.jpg

499969423_GPivg-L.jpg

#8. Sunset at Bass Harbor Head Light from the west
499963151_KDv6W-L.jpg

#9. From the east
499963190_DFL9e-L.jpg

499963407_7r7kh-L.jpg

Comments

• NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2009
    Peter, #5, 9, and 10 are my favorites, but truly a beautiful place eh? I'd love to visit it one of these days. Nice lighting on those last two.

Best,

N
    Exposure Latitude(s).com
    "The temple bell stops but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers." -- Basho
  • PhotopaddlerPhotopaddler Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2009
    Thanks for the comment be warned there is something very addictive about ANP and Mount Desert Island where most of the park is, if you visit once you will be coming back! August though October is probably the best time of year to visit, although the park can be quite crowed in August.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2009
    Terrific series, Peter! I like #5 a lot but #9 is outstanding!!! Great lighting and colors.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited March 28, 2009
    Thanks Lauren the Bass Harbor Head Light is one of my favorite lighthouses, but I tend to only go there on the off season because it is over run with people in the summer. There can be great sunrises and sunsets there in the early spring and late fall, the windchill is usualy pretty vicious but I think the discomfort is worth it!
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2009
    If I lived up there, I'd be going all over the place in the "off season"--nothing would be off season for me! :D I'm already looking ahead to my next visit--for sure in Oct for the Shootout but hopefully in the summer as well.

I've seen a lot of shots of Bass Harbor Light, but yours is one of my favorites. That winter light really gives it a special glow.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • lfortierlfortier Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2009
    Very nice work. The Bass Harbor Light shots are my favorite. Been over a year since I've been there. Can't wait to get back.

Thanks for the reminder.
  • aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2009
    nicely done! You captured the light so well! My faves are #5 and #8! It's such a beautiful area!

Dgrinners: The shootout this year will be at Acadia! Sign up!

Put yourself on the waitlist
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2009
    Really nice series. Love the light especially in #5, 6, and 9.
    edited April 3, 2009
    Thanks for all of the comments, I really apreciate all feedback.:D For #5-7 I got up and started working in the pedawn light. time for a confession this is the first time I have worked at sinrise. With the amount morning fog we get along the coast of Maine, and my work schedual I have long thought 0400 was to early to be up and disapointed!rolleyes1.gif I have now re-evaluated that mistaken attitude!
  • euchretobineuchretobin Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited April 3, 2009
    #8 works well
    Shot #8 of the lighthouse has nice color on the rocks and perspective on the lighthouse. Well done! Acadia is certainly addictive - one of my favorites (from a 35mm slide - the horror!) http://euchre.smugmug.com/photos/474205970_qPToQ-M.jpg

-Paul
    Photos by Paul: http://euchre.smugmug.com
    Nikon digital plus Canon FD for nostalgia :thumb
  • Allan FGAllan FG Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2009
    I love #6 and #9