Dangerous: Others have style as well

coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
edited June 12, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
OK, so me and prezwoodz are going to have some similar entries unless we manage to get better ones soon, but that's just because we set out together to see if we could get something for this contest. :rofl Here's a few attempts of mine. Feedback is most welcome!

flip01.jpg

flip03.jpg

flip04.jpg
John Borland
www.morffed.com

Comments

• tlittletontlittleton Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    I like the last one best. Were you using an ND filter on the sky?
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    Last one. Definitely the last one.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited June 1, 2005
    That last one is a beaut!

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    tlittleton wrote:
    I like the last one best. Were you using an ND filter on the sky?
    Nope, just a plain old Fuji F700 pointed and shot. Thanks for the comments all, you've cemented the decision I already sort-of made. Now let's see if I can beat that! :D
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    Definately the last one...the shadow looks awesome and so does the background scenery. thumb.gif
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    Now ya talkin'...that last one is fantastic.thumb.gif

I love the shadow of him down below !
  • Rufio220Rufio220 Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2005
    I like the last one. That looks really fun.
    ~Take it while it's there, cause tomorrow it will be gone~
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2005
    I like the last entry a lot
    Great work!thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited June 10, 2005
    Hey Cold (and Prez):
    I just noticed both your challenge shots and I just wanted to know if jumping off rocks was a new "thing" or if its just something you guys thought up for this challenge?

I just don't want to be the last kid on the block to know about the most recent "extreme" pasttime.
    lol3.gif

Great shots, btw, both of them. Cold - I love the shadow in the one you submitted thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2005
    Yeah, the last shot is great, but what if the one of you in the second shot hits his head on that rock: on the way down.

Looks to me more like impending danger, however the other one looks more difficult.

We have a climbing wall at the park, same place as the dog park. I am going to go look at it.

However, no way is it going to show the same degree of challenge, to say the least of beauty that your shots show.

But that stuff is in.

The old briar patch, that is soooooooooooo out! I have never seen one anyway. Lots of stickers on the way to the beach. That is real danger! My dogs won't even go in the dunes anymore. Suckers can hurt!

Those are great shots, winners already, IMO.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2005
    Its very common actually. If it had been warmer i would have been jumping off waterfalls :) . And deeping into the winter you do some enormous jumps into deep pow and be fine! Its basically a pastime when your bored
  • coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2005
    Prezwoodz wrote:
    Its very common actually. If it had been warmer i would have been jumping off waterfalls :) . And deeping into the winter you do some enormous jumps into deep pow and be fine! Its basically a pastime when your bored
    Yeah, pretty much just something to do for fun. BUT we also went up there with the intent of taking "dangerous" pictures, so that did have something to do with the motivation. yelrotflmao.gif This was my first time taking it to the boulders like this, but I've done many a flip from other less dangerous or cool things. thumb.gif

Thanks for the comments all!

I'mnot sure what we'll do if one of us wins.... we'll be in Thailand until the 24th, and not likely to even know about it... yelrotflmao.gif
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • mereimagemereimage Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2005
    Holy face-plant Batman
    Ya'll are braver than me--neat shots, love the perspective on the last one-call it "when man meets shadow"////Mereimage