High Sierras- finally posting!

PHOTOemptPHOTOempt Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited March 30, 2009 in Landscapes
finally processed these images from the high sierras august workshop in february, but figured the "moment had passed" for posting. i was delighted to see bill's and steve's lovely images just this week, so i guess it's not too late!
here is a smattering:
500358269_J5WJu-L.jpg
dingleberry lake, sunset

500358256_BP3wr-L.jpg
dingleberry lake early morning

500358249_aAdra-L.jpg
lupin meadow

500358230_qvYJK-L.jpg
waterfall near pee-wee lake

500358227_arE7D-L.jpg
emerald lake sunrise

500358217_9gJuE-L.jpg
emerald lake sunrise

500358213_iHgsH-L.jpg
emerald lake sunrise detail

500358211_5rHy7-L.jpg
emerald lake sunrise detail

500358200_NiFHo-L.jpg
waterfall near pee wee lake

500358189_vRcr4-L.jpg
coral bells growing on rockface with tree root

500358192_7w3an-L.jpg
dingleberry lake sunset

500358181_granu-L.jpg
dingleberry lake sunset

500358176_nwz5Y-L.jpg
dingleberry lake after sunset!

500358173_poQRU-L.jpg
emerald lake sunrise

500358153_7pU6Z-L.jpg
waterfall

500358146_TLaQ3-L.jpg
dingleberry lake sunrise

500358145_q3TwG-L.jpg
dingleberry lake sunrise
moral of the story - not a lot of sleep, given the timing of most of these shots, but definitely had a wonderful time. constructive thoughts welcome!!
sarah
Sarah A Wager, MB BS

+39 075 878 0642 or on the web at
www.photoempt.com
photoempt.smugmug.com
www.rjslade.com
and if you are interested in our italian cooking school here in Monte Castello di Vibio check out www.umbriacucina.com

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2009
    clap.gif

I can't wait to go back. Sarah, it was great to be there with you and thanks for the reminder with these photos!

It's never too late!
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2009
    Hi Sarah!! I'm so glad to see your shots from the last two workshops. Fantastic and most of all I'm thrilled to know that you certainly won't ever quit the pursuit of good photography.

I love your waterfall shots here. I don't think I saw many of those from the threads post-Sierras. The mountain sunrises look absolutely breathtaking, too. Maybe it was the altitude, but I think it's your composition and light. :D

I added your thread to the original Sierras posting.
  • PHOTOemptPHOTOempt Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    clap.gif

I can't wait to go back. Sarah, it was great to be there with you and thanks for the reminder with these photos!

It's never too late!

hi andy - good times, sierra and catalina both. thanks for all your help, as usual. i'd love another trip to the sierras - spectacular scenery and a lot of fun.
    Sarah A Wager, MB BS

www.photoempt.com
    photoempt.smugmug.com
    www.rjslade.com
    and if you are interested in our italian cooking school here in Monte Castello di Vibio check out www.umbriacucina.com
    edited March 29, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    Hi Sarah!! I'm so glad to see your shots from the last two workshops. Fantastic and most of all I'm thrilled to know that you certainly won't ever quit the pursuit of good photography.

I love your waterfall shots here. I don't think I saw many of those from the threads post-Sierras. The mountain sunrises look absolutely breathtaking, too. Maybe it was the altitude, but I think it's your composition and light. :D

I added your thread to the original Sierras posting.

hi schmoo - great to hear from you. a shame not to have seen you on the last couple of trips. we had a really good time. accommodation was, shall we say, basic, in the sierras, but catalina was a treat. we were very spoiled. wonderful scenery, both places. more subtle on catalina, but really lots of lovely spots for a shoot. sierras are just breath-taking in their magnificence. i have fallen in love with california without having begun to really explore. what i have discovered is fabulous, and i know that i have just skimmed the surface. hope to see you again soon, sarah
    Sarah A Wager, MB BS

www.photoempt.com
    photoempt.smugmug.com
    www.rjslade.com
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2009
    Great job on all of them !
    thanks for sharing
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Fred WFred W Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2009
    Wow!!!! Sarah. Your Sierra pictures are fabulous. Looking forward to seeing your Catalina pics. thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,537 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2009
    Beautiful looking series Sarah.
    edited March 29, 2009
    Fred W wrote:
    Wow!!!! Sarah. Your Sierra pictures are fabulous. Looking forward to seeing your Catalina pics. thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif

hi fred - good to hear from you. thank you for nice comments! there are a few catalina shots of mine in with marc's thread, 'hidden catalina' on march 24th, (page 3) a bit further back in this forum more in process stage.....will post 'soon'. all the best, sarah
    Sarah A Wager, MB BS

www.photoempt.com
    photoempt.smugmug.com
    www.rjslade.com
    edited March 29, 2009
    grimace wrote:
    Beautiful looking series Sarah.

thank you adam, - i have seen, and admired your work. compliments always appreciated!
    Sarah A Wager, MB BS

www.photoempt.com
    photoempt.smugmug.com
    www.rjslade.com
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited March 29, 2009
    Hi Sarah!

What a wonderful reminder of a great trip thumb.gif Awesome!

Thanks for posting them.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2009
    ian408 wrote:
    Hi Sarah!

What a wonderful reminder of a great trip thumb.gif Awesome!

Thanks for posting them.

15524779-Ti.gif

Your images live up to the true name of the Sierra Nevada, "The Range of Light"thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
    edited March 30, 2009
    15524779-Ti.gif

Your images live up to the true name of the Sierra Nevada, "The Range of Light"thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif

hi marc and ian - thank you both - couldn't have done it without either of you. ian, guiding me along (and up, and up, and still further up!!) the trails, and marc, your inspiration, when i finally arrived!! sarah
    Sarah A Wager, MB BS

www.photoempt.com
    photoempt.smugmug.com
    www.rjslade.com
  • Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,467 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2009
    Ah yes, Dingleberry Lake. I was there in October 2002...before I got serious about photography. I'd love to go back some day...