Options

Ground Zero

Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
edited April 4, 2009 in Street and Documentary
Last week we spent a couple of nights in Manhattan on the way to visit the grandchildren. The hotel we stayed in was immediately across the street from the former World Trade Center site and our room was on the 53rd floor overlooking ground zero. I was struck by the sheer size of the impacted area. These images were taken through the window of our room. My apologies to laptop and small monitor users but smaller images just do not show the detail well.

497479301_nynxe-XL.jpg

497718129_HQx8u-XL.jpg

497717971_69jwj-XL.jpg

Jack
(My real name is John but Jack'll do)

Comments

• Options
    1downfall1downfall Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited March 28, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Last week we spent a couple of nights in Manhattan on the way to visit the grandchildren. The hotel we stayed in was immediately across the street from the former World Trade Center site and our room was on the 53rd floor overlooking ground zero. I was struck by the sheer size of the impacted area. These images were taken through the window of our room. My apologies to laptop and small monitor users but smaller images just do not show the detail well.

497479301_nynxe-XL.jpg

497718129_HQx8u-XL.jpg

497717971_69jwj-XL.jpg
    Uhhhmm...the first shot is breath taking!! If you have it on flickr or anywhere, I'd like to add it as a fav!
  • Options
    PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2009
    WOWSER, those really turned out very nice, I really like the first one, so much detail and the lights in the buildings and across the river really make it.

Still so hard to believe it's been that long ago, looks like the reconstruction and new building is in full swing.

Great shots!!! Anymore from the Adventure
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Options
    AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2009
    Great set of pictures Jack........The first one is really well doneclap.gif azzaro
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2009
    Hi Jack,

Boy, these are outstanding. I've never seen the area being rebuilt shown as well as these shots do. I'm like you...I didn't have a good sense of the scope of things. I do now though. Very nice work indeed.

Take care my friend.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2009
    :D
    Way nice. thumb.gif
    Michael
  • Options
    ccherokeccheroke Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited March 29, 2009
    wow
    I agree I like the first one too. But then showing it in the daytime in the 2nd shot makes it look so different (of course) Even though it was done thru a window it looks good to me...wow.
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2009
    Panther wrote:
    WOWSER, those really turned out very nice, I really like the first one, so much detail and the lights in the buildings and across the river really make it.

Still so hard to believe it's been that long ago, looks like the reconstruction and new building is in full swing.

Great shots!!! Anymore from the Adventure<g>

Thanks Craig.
    Unfortunately at ground level the entire site is surrounded by solid fencing and so the only vantage point I had was from the hotel room window. I do have some related pix from the area that I have yet to process. Been very busy doing spring cleanup on the property after the ravages of multiple ice storms and high winds this last winter.
    </g>

Jack
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Great set of pictures Jack........The first one is really well doneclap.gif azzaro

THANKS AZZARO. I think that first one is one of my all time favorite captures.

Jack
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2009
    Hi Jack,

Boy, these are outstanding. I've never seen the area being rebuilt shown as well as these shots do. I'm like you...I didn't have a good sense of the scope of things. I do now though. Very nice work indeed.

Take care my friend.

Tom

Thanks Tom. I was really lucky to have had a room directly overlooking the site. The night view was absolutely breathtaking.

Jack
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    That first shot is indeed a jaw-dropper--great job!!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    David-StallardDavid-Stallard Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2009
    Truely awesome shots, it still sends a chill down my spine to see the devistation one human can do to another (or a lot in this case).

1st shot is the best for me.

.DAVID.
    http://www.davidstallardphotography.com/

Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2009
    DaddyO wrote:
    :D
    Way nice. thumb.gif

Thanks Michael

Jack
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2009
    ccheroke wrote:
    I agree I like the first one too. But then showing it in the daytime in the 2nd shot makes it look so different (of course) Even though it was done thru a window it looks good to me...wow.

Thanks very much ccheroke. I was lucky that the window was very clean.

Jack