Shady alpine valley

annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
edited April 3, 2009 in Landscapes
After spending most of a sunny mid-March Saturday at home working, I decided to head out just to clear my head. And I still craved snow - still can't get enough of it! - so my destination had to be somewhere in the mountains. I drove for less than an hour to get to the starting point of my short hike. There are snowy peaks that loom above this valley, and they are also responsible for the afternoon shade as the sun hides behind them. There were also some dramatic clouds that made my heart jump with joy! :clap

Z01-Zelenica-013.jpg

Z04-Zelenica-027.jpg

Z10-Zelenica-050.jpg

Z14-Zelenica-082.jpg

Z16-Zelenica-084.jpg

Z18-Zelenica-101.jpg

Z26-Zelenica-166.jpg

Ana
Ana
SmugMug Support Hero Manager
My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2009
    Wow Ana, you never disappoint! :ivar

I really love the lighting situations you've captured in all of these, particularly #2 and #7. I'm jealous that you're so close to such beautiful mountains - I crave snow too and am glad you can bring it to us via Dgrin lol3.gif

thumb.gif
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2009
    I like #2 and #7 as well. This is some awesome scenery. Have you tried converting #5 to black and white? I really think it has some potential.
  • mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2009
    I cannot believe thats practically your backyard!!!eek7.gif
    Stunning set of photo's too, I quite often find it difficult to see a great photo where I live as I see it every day. You seem to have no problem at all going by these!
    May I take your picture?
  • djspinner2kdjspinner2k Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2009
    i like that you can see the moon in #5. great shots. i am too worried to take my camera to cold places. i need to get over it.
    EVGENY:D
    www.petrovphotography.com
    http://petrovphotography.smugmug.com

Canon 30D
    Canon 24-70mm F2.8L
    Canon 70-200mm F2.8L
    Canon 430EX Flash
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2009
    Beautiful mountain shots, as we've come to expect :D
  • annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 2, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    Wow Ana, you never disappoint! :ivar

I really love the lighting situations you've captured in all of these, particularly #2 and #7. I'm jealous that you're so close to such beautiful mountains - I crave snow too and am glad you can bring it to us via Dgrin lol3.gif

thumb.gif

Thanks! :D
    I'm really blessed to live in Slovenia. Such a small place, easily navigable, and so rich in nature and sights! From where I live, it's 15 minutes to the mountains, 1 hour to the sea and 1.5 hours to the Panonian plains. And many things inbetween! clap.gif

Ana
    Ana
  • annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 2, 2009
    dseidman wrote:
    I like #2 and #7 as well. This is some awesome scenery. Have you tried converting #5 to black and white? I really think it has some potential.
    Thanks! The scenery is indeed awesome, and so easily accessible to boot! No, I haven't try the conversion, but I might. Thanks for the suggestion!

Ana
    Ana
    edited April 2, 2009
    mushy wrote:
    I cannot believe thats practically your backyard!!!eek7.gif
    Stunning set of photo's too, I quite often find it difficult to see a great photo where I live as I see it every day. You seem to have no problem at all going by these!
    Thanks! Yes, my backyard seems to be quite scenic. :D But I often find that we tend not to notice beautiful things in our surroundings and instead look for beauty elsewhere, preferably in some exotic country. :D I try to open my eyes more when I explore my immediate vicinity.

Ana
    Ana
    edited April 2, 2009
    i like that you can see the moon in #5. great shots. i am too worried to take my camera to cold places. i need to get over it.

Thanks! Cold can't really damage your equipment. The only thing that can happen is that the batteries might die. They start working again when you bring them to a warmer environment though. thumb.gif

Ana
    Ana
    edited April 2, 2009
    coscorrosa wrote:
    Beautiful mountain shots, as we've come to expect :D
    Thanks! :D I just looked at my photo folders of the last month or two, and there is practically nothing but mountains! eek7.gif I really need to expand the scope of motives I shoot! :D

Ana
    Ana
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    I like number 2 the best. What a way to 'clear your head'. You are blessed with beauty so close to you and talent to capture it. Will the snow melt on these mountains or is it snowy all year round? Will look forward to seeing some greenery from your camera too. Lovely shots here!!!
  • shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    Great shots Ana- although I have to say, that #4 is awesome. I love it! thumb.gif

Cheers,
  • Picture North CarolinaPicture North Carolina Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited April 3, 2009
    What beautiful territory and very nice shots!

SmugMug Gallery | Website | Like my Facebook page, I'll like yours