Options

Nashville - photo opportunities??

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins
I'm headed to Nashville from 5 April through the 10th.

I hope to get out and about while there and find some scenic opportunities/locations to shoot. Any recommendations?

I won't have a car, and I'll be staying in a hotel near Vanderbilt Univ. in the West End area.

In advance thanks for any local info on potential photo opps. and venues I should check out!

Comments

• Options
    jsmileyjsmiley Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2009
    El Gato

I live about 50 miles south of Nashville, but if you are in the vicinity of West End Ave. and 25th. You will have Central Park North of West end ave. That is where the Parthenon is located. and East on West end to the 24 Ave. north own 24th about three blocks there are parking garages for Vanderbilt medical complex that will give you some elevation over downtown.
    Hope this helps.
    PS if you make it out to Opryland hotel that is a good photo op, shooting inside or out.
  • Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2009
    Thanks
    jsmiley wrote:
    El Gato

I live about 50 miles south of Nashville, but if you are in the vicinity of West End Ave. and 25th. You will have Central Park North of West end ave. That is where the Parthenon is located. and East on West end to the 24 Ave. north own 24th about three blocks there are parking garages for Vanderbilt medical complex that will give you some elevation over downtown.
    Hope this helps.
    PS if you make it out to Opryland hotel that is a good photo op, shooting inside or out.

John,

Thanks for the insights!

We'll check it out once we get to town and get settled.

I'll be working during the day, so most of our opportunity will be after 5pm.

Looking forward to exploring a new shooting venue.

Thanks once again.