Bridal from today

Matt SMatt S Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
edited March 28, 2009 in People
You learn to light, you learn to shoot, you set up backdrops. But in the end it really doesn't hurt to have a cute subject. :D

500788498_kw4vZ-XL.jpg

That is her skin, I only touched up an area right under her eyes a bit. I also softened the crinkles around the underarm.
Thanks, Matt

My Site

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2009
    Im not digging the grey behind her...and you have some serious ringed banding going on in the background as well. The grey...for me...is too cold for such a warm looking person.

but yes...she has great skin.

But
  • Matt SMatt S Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2009
    The banding is smugmug JPEG resize stuff, not in the original at all. As to the grey, we did high key stuff as well, but she preferred the grey. I should have broken out a Fresnel light I have, it would have produced a nice warm tone on the background when balanced for flash. I will keep that in mind. I just killed the background light to get some variety other than the high key seamless effect. Thanks for the input. I was not that partial to the grey either, but going with the customer on this one.

EDIT:I did some looking into the banding issue. As yes it's pretty painful. I went back to the studio and on my cinema display viewing this online it's barely there. But on my laptop screen (pc) it's UGLY. So looking around I saw a thread by Nikolai about it. Apparently adding noise to the area can help defeat this. I tried it and it helped, but it's still there.

Here is the result, I should also note that I upped my laptop monitor to 32 bit color and it pretty much wiped out the banding.

500845067_b2drE-XL.jpg
    Thanks, Matt

My Site