Lighting.

gavingavin Registered Users Posts: 411 Major grins
edited March 29, 2009 in People
Experimenting with lighting. Probably could have stopped the flashes down another 1/2 or so.

Gavedge.jpg
D700 and some glass

www.gjohnstone.com

Comments

• Matt SMatt S Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2009
    I kinda like it. Yeah it's hot on the edges, but then again perhaps that is the look you were going for. Backed off a touch would likely be better, but it's all subjective.
    Thanks, Matt

My Site
  • gavingavin Registered Users Posts: 411 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2009
    Cheers Matt. You are right, its all subjective... and really depends on what I was going for. To be honest its super hard to take self portraits and get everything just right :D
    D700 and some glass

www.gjohnstone.com
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2009
    It's a very neat effect just gotta get more light into the face. There is a guy in Ohio who does alot of seniors and he calls it Hatchet lighting. Looks great on cheerleaders and ball players, very dramatic.
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2009
    Hackbone wrote:
    It's a very neat effect just gotta get more light into the face. There is a guy in Ohio who does alot of seniors and he calls it Hatchet lighting. Looks great on cheerleaders and ball players, very dramatic.

Cool lighting- doesn't necessarily need any more light on the face. I like your processing on this, too. Yes, self portraits are HARD.

Caroline
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2009
    I stand corrected. It is personal taste. For me the eyes are the windows to the soul so I like to see a little light there but you are correct. Good shot anyway you look at it.