DSS book cover

TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
edited March 30, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
hey all!

so i added a entry... is it evident that it is back & front combined?

my other question is does the self portrait with "just for fun" small print work for this challenge or should i nix the portrait and little black box of print?

btw, yes the small print reads 1,000,000,000........

if im going to dream i like to make it interesting.:D
Aaron Nelson

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2009
    Another great photo, Aaron. bowdown.gif

As for the black insert, I like the photo of the author but can't read any of the text even when I look at the picture XL. Also, I'm not crazy about the text layout - the spacing looks too regular - if that makes any sense. Maybe it's my old eyes, but I think you should either drop the text or make it legible.

I'm assuming that the number refers to sales? Why not dream big??

Virginia

Email
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2009
    Great photo! bowdown.gif

As a book jacket the layout is great but for the challenge, the text in the inset is too difficult to read. You may want to rethink that. I'd ditch the shadow in the book title text. It competes too much with the photo itself.
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited March 29, 2009
    15524779-Ti.gif
    ..the image is gorgeous.thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif I cannot read a word in the black box even in xl seting either. but I also do not have the best of eyes.
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2009
    thanks everyone, i hope the redo is ok...if not i dont think i can get back to it...

the little writtings in the black box was just me joking around sayin that all photography is available and prints start at 1,000,000,000....hahaha

(now the offer still stands, i have a large selection, and at 1,000,000,000 i could even sign it....):ivar
    Aaron Nelson
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2009

(now the offer still stands, i have a large selection, and at 1,000,000,000 i could even sign it....):ivar

Would you take 1,000,000???? yes I know its just shy 3 zeros but can't hurt to ask mwink.gif

btw Yes I can tel its a Front and back cover and I was able to read the text with a great big smile too.

I'm glad to see you still finding time to participate.
  • BenjerBenjer Registered Users Posts: 275 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2009
    Awesome cover shot! I like the wrap-around, and the author photo on the back is great on both - I even like the graphics with the text box, even if I can't read it. Can't decide if I like the title font better on the first or second, but either way it's an excellent entry. Great job as usual! thumb.gif
    Nikon D300, 17-35, 24-70, 70-200, 105 Macro, Tokina 11-16, Lensbaby, iPhone!