#21, version N

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited April 1, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
ETA: that should be 21, of course, not 22. Whoops.....

Can we say, "Grasping at straws"?! I'm not sure if I have not enough ideas or too many but, regardless, I'm floundering, particularly when I see how many brilliant entries have already been submitted! This round is really, REALLY impressive :)

However, suddenly occurred to me that these were from just last weekend and therefore qualify for the time period. A bit of a stretch to turn it into a *book* but...

What do we think? There are quite a few shots in this series that might work, but I liked the basic shape and light of this one.

(As an aside, this lovely 11m old poodle girl really WAS learning to swim when I took these - we went walking with the friends to whom she belongs, and the creek was shallow enough for her to brave, but deep enough that she had to swim, and watching the lightbulb go off in her head as she figured out what to dowas beyond endearing!!)

501588341_ND3Aj-L.jpg

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2009
    That is sooooo cute.

Virginia

Email
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2009
    I see what you mean about the light.
    IMHO there is too much space on the right, it seems like the dog is just about to swim out of the frame. That may be what you were going for but I'd prefer more space to the left for the dog to swim into.
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2009
    AndMan wrote:
    I see what you mean about the light.
    IMHO there is too much space on the right, it seems like the dog is just about to swim out of the frame. That may be what you were going for but I'd prefer more space to the left for the dog to swim into.

You know, to me she was curving back around to camera right so the lack of space on the left didn't bother me, but looking at it again I can see what you mean.

What about this instead?

501920740_teH6C-L.jpg
  • BenjerBenjer Registered Users Posts: 275 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2009
    I like no.1 better. The 2nd is a little too splishy-splashy, making it look more messy than playful. Very fun idea! Makes me wish even more that I had a dog.
    Nikon D300, 17-35, 24-70, 70-200, 105 Macro, Tokina 11-16, Lensbaby, iPhone!
    edited March 30, 2009
    Of the 2 I prefer #1. I agree with benjer in that the splash is a bit too prominent in #2.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
    edited March 30, 2009
    Okey dokey... how's this - does the recrop help?

502259215_kRw2J-L.jpg
  • BenjerBenjer Registered Users Posts: 275 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Okey dokey... how's this - does the recrop help?

Perfecto!
    Nikon D300, 17-35, 24-70, 70-200, 105 Macro, Tokina 11-16, Lensbaby, iPhone!
    edited March 31, 2009
    15524779-Ti.gifclapclap.gifclap
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

• ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2009
    +1 thumb.gif
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2009
    Love the second one you did, and the recrop, and the adding of the paragraph to occupy some of the space, my only thought, have you tried beveling the edge of the verbage so that it really pops out at you.

I like your whole idea just not to sure about the curvature on Obedience 101.

Very coolio Diva.

Peace,
    Donna
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2009
    15524779-Ti.gif the latest version is my favorite.
    I just love that dogs hairdo... wonder if I should get mine done that way. hmmm....
    rolleyes1.gif
    edited April 1, 2009
    Thanks guys! I keep hoping for a brainwave of a fresh idea between now and Sunday, but so far this is the best I've got.... Thanks for the feedback! thumb.gif
  • TylwyddTylwydd Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2009
    Really like the last version of the pic ! (my english is not good enough to give any advice on the title :D )
    Olympus fan :D : E520 ; ZD 50 mm ; ZD 14-54 mm ; ZD 50-200 mm SWD

http://tylwydd.smugmug.com/