4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2009
    nice and sharp and great action.....I sorta expected to see sweat and all sorts of wetness flaying thru the air:D

What is the differnce in classes.....bare footed no hear gear and "shoed" with head gear??

Very good series....thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• SnapLocallySnapLocally Registered Users Posts: 185 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    nice and sharp and great action.....I sorta expected to see sweat and all sorts of wetness flaying thru the air:D

What is the differnce in classes.....bare footed no hear gear and "shoed" with head gear??

Very good series....thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif

Thank you, Art.

To be honest, I don't recall the weight classes. I'm pretty sure no one fought over 170.

Head gear is indicitive of amateur fights. They're not required to wear it, but if one chooses to wear it, both participants must wear it.

Foot pads- you'll notice that the guys wearing them are also wearing long pants. Those guys are kickboxers, and have a different set of rules from the guys in the shorts, who are fighting Muay Thai fights.

Kickboxing: long pants, kicks only allowed above the waist, no knees.
    Muay Thai: shorts, high and low kicks allowed, clenching and knees allowed.

Rules vary from organization to organization, but those are some of the general guidelines.

Sweat- well, there's only 3 rounds in most of the fights, so they don't sweat all that much. Now when you see the "sweat" flying in boxing- 99% of that ain't sweat- it's water poured over the boxer's heads by their cornermen in between rounds. You're not going to see that kind of spray in fighting styles such as kickboxing/Muay Thai, or MMA because these guys aren't wearing shoes for traction- it would be far too slippery and dangerous for the fighters to get the mat wet.
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2009
    Sharp as a tack. Woulda been good to lose some of the building interior in bokeh like #4.

Nice
    Rags
  • SnapLocallySnapLocally Registered Users Posts: 185 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2009
    Thanks. Unfortunately, if I had DOF to throw off the background off during the fights, one of the fighters would have invariably been out of focus, too. That occasionally happens when they get very close to me. Otherwise, I'd have to upgrade to a full-frame sensor, and get way back with a much longer lens. Considering what little money I make, I don't think this will be any time soon.