PSed

Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
edited April 1, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I really like this backlit Great Blue Heron...but the background totally sucked...so I made my own. :D

501945397_fnGWq-XL.jpg

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited March 31, 2009
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    I really like this backlit Great Blue Heron...but the background totally sucked...so I made my own. :D

Great shot, Ric. The background replacement seems like a partial success to me. You got the hard part right--the blending looks good--but on my monitor, there seems to be a fair amount of noise and a bit of banding in the background. Might be resizing artifacts, ne_nau.gif

Oh, and happy B-day. beer.gif
  • Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    Great shot, Ric. The background replacement seems like a partial success to me. You got the hard part right--the blending looks good--but on my monitor, there seems to be a fair amount of noise and a bit of banding in the background. Might be resizing artifacts, ne_nau.gif

Oh, and happy B-day. beer.gif

Thanks, Richard.:D

What looks like noise is actually smudges to try and distract from the banding. After appling the gradient I tried blurring it but the banding was still visable.ne_nau.gif
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2009
    Nice photo.....your background looked to me as if it were a macro shot of savage bg paper that had a crease in it.....other wise it is a fantastic picthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    Nice photo.....your background looked to me as if it were a macro shot of savage bg paper that had a crease in it.....other wise it is a fantastic picthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif

Thank you, Art! :D:D:D:D:D
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2009
    Except for the banding, it looks to me like he's sitting in a fine, misty rain. Great shot of the bird--I love the backlighting!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com