Options

Canon 20Da?

tlittletontlittleton Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
edited June 3, 2005 in Cameras
I know this one has been brought up a couple of times in the past.

While they say it's aimed mainly at astrophotography, do you think this means we might see off the shelf Canon built full IR enabled cameras in the near future? IR seems to be a popular growing trend (I want an IR Rebel), and I would think sites like MaxMax.com would make Canon realize that there is a market -albeit a small one right now- for this type of camera.

Anyway...my $.02

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,901 moderator
    edited June 1, 2005
    Yes?
    In a word, "yes" I'm betting that major camera manufacturers are going to recognize a market for IR enabled cameras. Sony cameras used to have such features (IR pass), but ran into a legal scare when a few individuals used the feature for voyeuristic photos.

I am doubting that IR would be abused in the same way by users of the upper-end digicams and middle to upper dSLRs, so I am hopeful that the feature becomes a marketing bullet-point on those cameras.

BTW, I was born in the base hospital at Lackland AFB. Once a Texan, always a Texan. (Keep them red-ants and scorpians down there however.):nono

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    robgalbraith.com list it's price at $2199 and available in July 05, a little more info here.
  • Options
    tlittletontlittleton Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    That article cleared up some questions I had about it. I'm definately steering to the MaxMax IR Reb.
    patch29 wrote:
    robgalbraith.com list it's price at $2199 and available in July 05, a little more info here.