A few landscapes from my weekend...

Dan AUDan AU Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited March 31, 2009 in Landscapes
Here are a few photos from my weekend, the sunrise photos were taken near home. I live on a small coastal town called Lake Cathie on the mid north coast of Australia. With the first major town being Port Macquarie.

The waterfall photos are of Ellenborough Falls a waterfall about an hour away from me. The second largest in the southern hemisphere 200 metre drop. There is a plaque there in memory of an 11 yr old who was somehow playing up top of the falls and fell over the edge. There are 640 steps to go down to get to the falls. Didn't take a lot of pictures as there were a few people drinking and was a little uncomfortable sticking around, well my wife was :D .

Lake Cathie Beach - Sunrise
3401384556_8511f5e3cc_o.jpg

Lake Cathie - Middle Rock Beach - Saturday Sunrise
3401383544_ca485192eb_o.jpg

Ellenborough Falls
3400576783_6e46a85ca3_o.jpg

And a final one taken on Lake Cathie Beach
3400577855_ccd3ac7a91_o.jpg

Comments

• DrinDrin Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2009
    I like the last three the best, especially the second. The first one is a bit too stereotyped for my tastes. I love the colors in the second one, though.

For some reason the images look really compressed. I don't know if they're just low quality jpgs or what is going on. It kind of detracts.
    Canon EOS 1000D (Rebel XS)
    EF-S 18-55mm
    EF 75-300mm
  • Dan AUDan AU Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 31, 2009
    Drin wrote:
    I like the last three the best, especially the second. The first one is a bit too stereotyped for my tastes. I love the colors in the second one, though.

For some reason the images look really compressed. I don't know if they're just low quality jpgs or what is going on. It kind of detracts.

Thanks, I have actually adjusted them again, I let the hosting website resize them previously.
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,537 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2009
    I like the first two shots. Beautiful skies and colors.