DSS 21: Help me decide! (Please)

coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
edited April 1, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
My Photoshop skills, limited as they are, start and stop with photos, adding text is out of my league, so I kept it simple :D

Any thoughts or suggestions on the text (from a layout perspective) or photo would be appreciated!

This is my first choice, #1:

503168846_CFjev-XL.jpg

Some other photos that might work with a same or similar title. These should all have enough space to add some text to the top and/or bottom.

#2:

503127655_YW9eZ-L.jpg

#3:

503128982_z6BpX-XL.jpg

#4:

503126790_33ULg-XL.jpg

#5:

503126262_3iuQv-XL.jpg

And here are some non-Stanley Park photos taken within the contest period, I would have to come up with titles for these.

#6, Mt. Si (also have a pano version of this but it probably wouldn't work for this challenge):

499204558_yY2sv-XL.jpg

#7: Sandhill Cranes

496145522_BhYw4-XL.jpg

#8, Sandhill Cranes:

496144210_WrYt4-XL.jpg

And I also have some photos from this week, but I haven't taken them yet, and I don't know where they'll be or what they'll look like :lol3

Comments

• sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2009
    your kidding right?

you give us that many AWESOME shots to choose from and then throw in the combination that some are so close to home for me, how can I Choose????

My favorites are #1 and #8 that's as narrow as you get from me ne_nau.gifD
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2009
    :jawdrop Lets just say that I agree. These are ALL incredible shots. I would be so proud to have just one landscape photo that was as amazing as these few that you have taken within the last month. Holey Majoley.... you rock. But if one has to pick.... it would be #1. And I think your words are perfect..

If you use #3 get rid of the Chevron sign. I tried to go the opposite route and tell you them in the order of least favorite first, but the only one that doesn't seem to strike a real strong chord with me is #6... but even that is still such a strong shot. You make me sick. :D You have your work cut out for you.bowdown.gif
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2009
    These are ALL incredible shots. I would be so proud to have just one landscape photo that was as amazing as these few that you have taken within the last month.

15524779-Ti.gifbowdown.gif

#1 for me.
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • PexiPexi Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited April 1, 2009
    #1 is a jawdroppingly marvellous entry, it will be a winner. And as everybody already have said, all are marvellous photos. Man, you are too good, I'm just about withdrawing my crappy entry right now!

Actually, I think you should be banned, and not allowed to participate umph.gif

:D
    Life is pretty straight without motorcycling
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2009
    #1 is perfectthumb.gif
    Can we add Sherstone to that list of banned members!!!! JUST KIDDING !!!!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2009
    Ron, I am assuming that your gut instinct was #1, since that is the one you worked on. I would stick with it. I think it is gorgeous!
    (BTW, I love #3 too!)
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2009
    #1, 3, and 5 do it for me Ron clap.gifbowdown.gif
  • TylwyddTylwydd Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2009
    #1 for me too : Perfect book cover with the boats on the background that invite to watch more.
    Olympus fan :D : E520 ; ZD 50 mm ; ZD 14-54 mm ; ZD 50-200 mm SWD

http://tylwydd.smugmug.com/
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2009
    sherstone wrote:
    your kidding right?

you give us that many AWESOME shots to choose from and then throw in the combination that some are so close to home for me, how can I Choose????

My favorites are #1 and #8 that's as narrow as you get from me ne_nau.gifD

You live in a beautiful place - as I'm sure you're well aware. I love going up to Vancouver, I hadn't been up there for almost a year and was well overdue. I'll probably be spending a few weeks in the Canadian Rockies this year too.
    edited April 1, 2009
    :jawdrop Lets just say that I agree. These are ALL incredible shots. I would be so proud to have just one landscape photo that was as amazing as these few that you have taken within the last month. Holey Majoley.... you rock. But if one has to pick.... it would be #1. And I think your words are perfect..

If you use #3 get rid of the Chevron sign. I tried to go the opposite route and tell you them in the order of least favorite first, but the only one that doesn't seem to strike a real strong chord with me is #6... but even that is still such a strong shot. You make me sick. :D You have your work cut out for you.bowdown.gif

lol3.gif Thanks for the feedback! I agree about that Chevron sign, it's the bane of my existence whenever I do a shot of Canada Place from Stanley Park.
    edited April 1, 2009
    Pexi wrote:
    #1 is a jawdroppingly marvellous entry, it will be a winner. And as everybody already have said, all are marvellous photos. Man, you are too good, I'm just about withdrawing my crappy entry right now!

Actually, I think you should be banned, and not allowed to participate umph.gif

Thanks Pexi - but please don't withdraw your entry! I'm going to submit #1, that was my favorite and seems to everyone else's too.
    edited April 1, 2009
    Thanks to everyone for the feedback, I'll be entering the first photo thumb.gif
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2009
    I'm with Sherstone, you've got to be kidding.bowdown.gif

I love #1 and #7 with #1 my favorite.