Options

I have CS3 upgrade to Elements 7

robigoukrobigouk Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited April 1, 2009 in Finishing School
Hi

I have a copy of CS3. I use it mainly for processing RAW files (tweaking white balance etc.), for wedding and concert photos. I also occasionally clone, heal etc. using CS3.

I'm not in a position to upgrade to CS4. Many of the online tuturials I use are giving instruction using CS4. My question is - to stay with the latest software - do I buy Elements 7 or stick with CS3?

cheers

Rob
www.robigophotography.com

Comments

• Options
    CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2009
    robigouk wrote:
    Hi

I have a copy of CS3. I use it mainly for processing RAW files (tweaking white balance etc.), for wedding and concert photos. I also occasionally clone, heal etc. using CS3.

I'm not in a position to upgrade to CS4. Many of the online tuturials I use are giving instruction using CS4. My question is - to stay with the latest software - do I buy Elements 7 or stick with CS3?

cheers

Rob
    www.robigophotography.com

CS3 will run circles around Elements 7 - don't consider this an upgrade. If you don't need the features in CS4 then don't worry about upgrading! While many tutorials do focus on the latest release, most of the time the core features are the same and you can follow along with any recent version.
    Are there certain features of Elements 7 that you are looking for? Spend the time to learn CS3 which you already own and spend the money you would have spent on Elements 7 on a few good photoshop books (the ones by Scott Kelby are a great start).