Options

Sacramento hot spots?

Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
I have an upcoming shoot in Sacramento, but will have time to get in some "fun" shots.
Any Dgrinners know some cool places to shoot downtown? Something other than the standard tourist shots.
Steve

Website

Comments

• Options
    catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2009
    Depends what you are looking for? Old Town is tourist but fun and another dgrinner here did some rather impressive work a few months back.

Downtown also has the advantage of being right along the river -- as a result you can get in some pretty awesome shots out there, waterfowel or boaters or what not. Then again, it's nothing compared to the causeway and other open space areas not far away -- a lot depends if you've wheels to go just a tad south of the city and explore in the marsh areas or not.

If you are more into people, then heading down to Caesar Chavez park is a good idea. But don't look too rich, not sure how the crime rates have been in the downtown the last few years since I moved away. I'd be subtle either way.

Otherwise, the 'downtown' has some interesting architecture but it's nothing compared to a 'real' city. It's open enough for photography and an easy walk to the bridge or old town.
    //Leah