Some World-Class Custom Cars

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited April 4, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
This is a 1951 Mercury that was customized when it was brand new by the master himself, George Barris, and kept in like-new condition all these years

502085410_CTFhA-XL.jpg

502085640_cCHZw-XL.jpg

This masterpiece is a recent production and is known as the Buick Blackhawk

502085631_r934j-XL.jpg

502085425_ihJeh-XL.jpg

This stunner blends the modern-day Corvette with the look of Corvettes from the 50's

502085656_nSaBQ-XL.jpg

502085486_G7Eyq-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited April 1, 2009
    Neat nod.gif

Where are these from?
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2009
    There you go again Tom, bringing up old memories of great American iron. I turned 16 in 1958 and bought my first car (a 1950 Oldsmobile that had belonged to a friend of my Dad). As I recall my Dad and I chipped in $150 each for it after he convinced me that it was better to buy from someone you know took good care of their car than from a stranger. What I really lusted after at that time was the 1950 Mercury 2 dr. sedan followed by 1950 Ford then '51 Merc. I loved the look of the Mercury when nosed, decked, and sporting frenched head and tail lights.

As the song says... "Thanks for the memories"

BTW Great images as usual. thumb.gifthumb

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2009
    Hi Erik.....

These shots were taken at a major auto show near Jacksonville, FL.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2009
    Howdy Tom,

There you go again, just stunning images, the perspective and great sharpness of details, and rendering of the colors are just spectacular.

Very nicely done, once again!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited April 1, 2009
    Hi Jack,

I can't tell you how badly I wanted a '50 - '51 Mercury. A friend of my older brother had a '50 model and he had done some of the mods you mention to his car. I don't remember it being particularly fast, but it was pure evil to the eye....not to mention the girls dying to go for a ride in it. My brother got a '54 Merc in '57 and put on those long rear fender skirts that Mercury had come out with that year. I thought then, and still do, that it was one of the prettiest cars to ever roll down the road.

I didn't get my own car untill I graduated from HS in 1959. My grandfather gave me a '55 Chevy, which I promptly wrecked. I fixed it up and was off and running on a history of really fun cars. I know what you mean about " memories "

Tom
    edited April 2, 2009
    Hi Craig,

It's hard to take a bad picture when you have subjects like this. Photography, to me, is all about passion and Lord knows I have a passion for autos.

Take care of yourself, my friend.

Tom
  • David-StallardDavid-Stallard Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2009
    Just great, need a new keyboard now as mine has drool all over it - beautiful captures, love the Buick [sigh]

.DAVID.
    http://www.davidstallardphotography.com/

Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2009
    Barris, the master. The Blackhawk is a beauty! A few years ago, I saw about a half dozen of those (hybrid? :D) Corvettes in the parking lot of a fast food chain.

As always, Tom very nice pictures. thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2009
    This is a 1951 Mercury that was customized when it was brand new by the master himself, George Barris, and kept in like-new condition all these years

This masterpiece is a recent production and is known as the Buick Blackhawk

This stunner blends the modern-day Corvette with the look of Corvettes from the 50's

Considering these cars are older than me, they are in amazing condition eek7.gif

I love that Buick Blackhawk thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin