Options

Problems with Adobe.com

cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
edited April 3, 2009 in Finishing School
:gun2 Right now, this is how I feel

I have tried to purchase the full version of CS4 online for the past week. I keep getting error messages, then finally getting the message that they are reviewing my order and then a few hours later having the order being rejected. I called to see why the purchase was being rejected, so that I could fix whatever error is was that they were running into, and no one could tell me, or wanted to tell me, or knew where to look to find the answer.
I've been on the phone with them switched around to different departments, once being transferred 5 times during one call. I demanded to speak with a supervisor at one point and the employee refused, said that she could help, but then couldn't. She told me that my problem wasn't customer service related, it was a sales problem. I said, well that's maybe what you think but after such shoddy service, it's now become a customer service issue. I'm' livid. She refused to transfer to the supervisor and without asking transferred me to their sales department, which, obviously couldn't fix my problem either. I had access to a discount code, which of course expired yesterday...it's a miracle today, my purchase will go through no problem at all.
Was I getting the run around because of the code? Sure looks like it. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Should I cry and plead and beg until I get what I want?
It's been a long time since I've had such horrible customer service.

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,912 moderator
    edited April 1, 2009
    I moved this to the Finishing School where software related issues go, although I'm not sure this is specifically a software issue.

I have always tried not to deal with Adobe directly but to go through a vendor for purchase of their software.

I always recommend trying to work with customer service. They are rarely the source of your angst but they can often help customers they believe in or like.

If you have to get angry do it with the supervisor only. They are the ones who can "bend the rules" if needed. Be prepared to offer evidence of your previous attempts including names and times that you called.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited April 1, 2009
    ziggy53 wrote:
    I moved this to the Finishing School where software related issues go, although I'm not sure this is specifically a software issue.

I have always tried not to deal with Adobe directly but to go through a vendor for purchase of their software.

I always recommend trying to work with customer service. They are rarely the source of your angst but they can often help customers they believe in or like.

If you have to get angry do it with the supervisor only. They are the ones who can "bend the rules" if needed. Be prepared to offer evidence of your previous attempts including names and times that you called.

Thanks Ziggy, I wasn't sure where to put this!!

I was very calm cool and collected, until the last time they tried to transfer me again. They didn't understand what my question was, although it shouldn't have been that difficult. They didn't try to figure out what my problem was, they just kept transferring my call all around the circle.

I just felt like I was being bullied. I want to purchase, i need to purchase, and it was such a big deal to do so. The last person I spoke to even told me that she could ship it to me by fed express and that there wouldn't be any duty...yeah, right, like all the other purchases that I've made that have been shipped by fed express don't have any duty. I told her i might believe it if she was talking about usps. I never would have guessed making such a major purchase would have been such a big issue. Apparently I was wrong!
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,699 moderator
    edited April 1, 2009
    Interesting. Online service reps can really be aggravating sometimes.

I have always downloaded my software ( numerous items including LR, CS3 and CS4 ) directly from Adobe and have transferred serial numbers ( from Windows to Mac ) and other issues with them online and never had the slightest difficulty with their online service unlike a lot of other vendors I have dealt with.

Part of your issue was the border and tax issues between the US and Canada? I gather that is why you did not want to receive a disk rather than a direct download?

The issue has now been resolved, is that correct?
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2009
    Yes, I wanted the download to save duty charges, and shipping time, of course I waited til the last week of the "trial" version to start the purchase process.

This purchase has been so difficult, I think the major problem was the lack of english speaking people that I talked to. I am not being mean, but dear god, I had a hard time to understand them, let alone trying to get them to understand what I wanted, no one understood so they kept tripping me around to different departments. Once I got upset they were even less willing to help, listen, and got extremely rude with me....but, what could I do, it's not like I can buy a program similar to photoshop, it just doesn't exist.

Yes, since the coupon code has expired, surprise, the purchase is no problemrolleyes1.gif I don't really think it's a coincidence:cry