Seattle: Night, Dawn, and Dusk

coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
edited April 3, 2009 in Landscapes
I took these a few weeks ago but forgot to post them. I would have had a sunset version by my GND filter was so dirty and scratched that it wasn't worth it (I've since bought a new one). These were taken from one of our office buildings which offers a great vantage point of the city.

#1 Night:

489713550_bcsN3-L.jpg

#2 Dawn:

489712441_YUQCn-L.jpg

#3 Dusk:

496773306_opKYg-L.jpg

Comments

• tisuntisun Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    Amazing shots. I like the deep blue sky in the first and clouds in the third. I wish the view from my building were like that.
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    Man, I wish I had access to that building. These are some killer shots. I think the view from up there is a lot better than from the Rizal Bridge.
  • HDShooterHDShooter Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    That's just not fair Ron. :cry
    Perfect location and pics again. #3thumb.gif
  • PHOTOemptPHOTOempt Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    these are lovely - i especially like the last one, with the clouds and similar colours echoed in the car trails. nice light and composition, and probably a string of people looking for a new job in seattle! congratulations! sarah.
    Sarah A Wager, MB BS

+39 075 878 0642 or on the web at
    www.photoempt.com
    photoempt.smugmug.com
    www.rjslade.com
    and if you are interested in our italian cooking school here in Monte Castello di Vibio check out www.umbriacucina.com
  • AbiciriderbackAbiciriderback Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    Very nice as always Ron you caught the cityscape images wired.

Ray Still
  • annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 2, 2009
    You work at an excellent location! Beautiful shots. #3 is my favorite, and the other two are not far behind. thumb.gif

Ana
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • Picture North CarolinaPicture North Carolina Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    Very nice series. Well done!

SmugMug Gallery | Website | Like my Facebook page, I'll like yours
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    All great shots. I'm with Ana, #3 is my favorite with the sky details and you can still get some structure in the darker buildings.
  • bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    3 great shots, but I think #3 is the money shot! And that view, man oh man, I'd practically cut a finger off for a view like that at work. I'm lucky if they open the blinds here in the crypt!
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    tisun wrote:
    Amazing shots. I like the deep blue sky in the first and clouds in the third. I wish the view from my building were like that.

So do I! Actually I did a few years ago (the 5th floor right on the corner, the best office view I've ever had and probably ever will), but I've since moved to another building (if you look on the second shot where Qwest Field is - that's the building with the arches on the left, and go to the right two buildings to the one that has a green rounded corner, that's the building I work at right now).
    edited April 2, 2009
    dseidman wrote:
    Man, I wish I had access to that building. These are some killer shots. I think the view from up there is a lot better than from the Rizal Bridge.

I agree, I like the views from Rizal too, but I prefer the ones from on top of the PacMed building. We're going to be out of that building in 1-2 years, so I'm trying to take advantage while I still can.
    edited April 2, 2009
    HDShooter wrote:
    That's just not fair Ron. :cry
    Perfect location and pics again. #3thumb.gif

Thanks, believe me I know how lucky I am to have access to this view. Whoever decided to make I-5 an S-curve through downtown also deserves a little credit :D
    edited April 2, 2009
    Thanks for the comments everyone, I agree that #3 is the best. I like the others too, the light is different in each. Though I'm one of those people who will shoot the same location over and over and never get tired of it :D
  • OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    A great series here, I've enjoyed the "View". Thanks.
    Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited April 3, 2009
    Gorgeous shots, Ron. I dunno, but I think I like the contrast in #1 the best.

Cheers,
    -joel