beargrass creek at flat rock

kscottkscott Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
edited April 6, 2009 in Landscapes
One of my local favorite places to go and shoot when I don't have but a small amount of time to shoot. It's always giving a different look no matter when you go back and visit.

502977684_myHSB-L.jpg

C & C always appreciated
kscott

Comments

• scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2009
    I like the composition alot. The light highlights seem a bit unnatural to me (like they were a flash fill?). I'd lighten the darker areas just a tad but that's just me. Solid effort, though!
  • kscottkscott Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited April 3, 2009
    scole wrote:
    I like the composition alot. The light highlights seem a bit unnatural to me (like they were a flash fill?). I'd lighten the darker areas just a tad but that's just me. Solid effort, though!

Yeah it does seem unusual, there is a wall that has vegetation just above the rock that extends up for about 50 to 70 feet. and on partly cloudy days towards the evening the rocks on that side can be very dramatic, or I could just learn how to shoot better:D thanks for the input it will give me something to play around with on this image.
    kscott
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2009
    This is such a simple image but I still love the lighting. It's so film noir, and for a rock that you'd normally never look at twice! thumb.gif
  • kscottkscott Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited April 6, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    This is such a simple image but I still love the lighting. It's so film noir, and for a rock that you'd normally never look at twice! thumb.gif

maybe......I have a new name for this picture " Rock Noir"....:D
    kscott