Weak in color.

Have you tried B&W & boosting contrast?
    Rags
  • NeuralLotusNeuralLotus Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited April 3, 2009
    torags wrote:
    Weak in color.

Have you tried B&W & boosting contrast?

Actually, I think it looks pretty good in color. It looks kind of like a miniature of some strange alien world. It actually kind of reminds me of Krypton. I think in black and white it wouldn't feel quite as secluded as it does now.

Well, at the same time, I am at school right now, and these monitors generally are undersaturated, so it might be playing tricks on me right now. But, as it looks on here, I think it looks rather good.

I will point out, however, that it does look a little washed out in places, so perhaps a small boost in contrast would be good.
    Hmmmmm... blarrgh...
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2009
    The first thing it reminded me of was something from Star Trek...cool...I like it. It would be interesting to see the colors punch.
  • kscottkscott Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited April 3, 2009

Taken at night on vacation with a 50mm 1.4 Nikor 8 second exposure Nikon D2xs

how about a 30 second or even several minute exposure of this....it has a lot of possibilities. If the ambient light is too bright you could always go to a smaller aperture like f-18, or so...
    kscott
  • robandjazzyrobandjazzy Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited April 4, 2009
    Working on it, I've just started to work in aperature, any shots I have are exactly the way I shot them, but am slowly learning to do adjustments. Wish I took this in Raw I'd be able to do a lot more with it. I never thought of that as a newbie, increasing the F stop to kill the ambient light. Thanks for the tip, I took this in Black and White and thought it looked a lot better in color.