New Resident

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited April 4, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
He moved in a couple of days ago, and took over the south part of the property.

Seems to prefer being up high.
504461351_mAtrS-L.jpg

2. Very Fast
504459571_AL9Vr-L.jpg

3.Tries To Blend In.
504492215_u3PhW-L.jpg

4. Mostly Just Hangs Out.
504490546_jwwFY-L.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2009
    Guess you can expect Wylie Coyote anytime now rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Guess you can expect Wylie Coyote anytime now rolleyes1.gif

Wylie comes by on occasion, usually around 2am or 3am... Torment the dogs and move on.. Awhile back I was awakened by my dog out in the desert barking... There were 3 Wylie's, 2 got him to go out in the desert, and 1 cut him off so he couldn't get back ..... :D Smart duds..... THANKS FOR LOOKING!!
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2009
    Beep, Beep!! :D
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited April 3, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Beep, Beep!! :D

rolleyes1.gifTHANKS .....MADE ME LAUGH.........azzaro
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    He moved in a couple of days ago, and took over the south part of the property.

Seems to prefer being up high.

2. Very Fast
    3.Tries To Blend In.
    4. Mostly Just Hangs Out.

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Wow I've never seen a Roadrunner in real life, only pictures and the cartoon version too rolleyes1.gif

It's got very pretty markings around the face.
    The second shot is very characteristic of the version we all know as the Cartoon Character "The Roadrunner"

It's beak does not look in proportion to the size of it's head hu?

Great shots, thanks for sharing, you have lots of interesting things in your area Azzard clap.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Wylie comes by on occasion, usually around 2am or 3am... Torment the dogs and move on.. Awhile back I was awakened by my dog out in the desert barking... There were 3 Wylie's, 2 got him to go out in the desert, and 1 cut him off so he couldn't get back ..... :D Smart duds..... THANKS FOR LOOKING!!
    Hope that wasn't your trench digging dog. Heard of coyotes pulling that stunt with dogs.
    We are mindful of it when out camping. So far so good.
    Will we get to see more pictures of this bird?
    Looks like he was letting you get fairly close. What lens?
    :D Michael
    Michael
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2009
    Howdy Azzaro,

Neat pics, they are one my favorite Birds, we had a pair nesting out in one of our Trees, they are very very smart, they'd wait until they thought no one was watching and then they would change places on the nest, it was so interesting to see them "Glide down" and then take off running, while the other one would kind of jump/fly up to the nest, unfortunately the Damn power company sent out people while I was away and cut the branches away from the lines (they do it for a 5 year growth period ) so all the cover for their nest wentaway, so they didn't come back the next year, but are still around, with the weather here warming up, they have started appearing, I saw 2 when we stopped to get our mail and it always brings a smile to our faces.

Can't wait to see more, I have heard of them becoming very friendly over time, but with the Hound he may not get real close, but looks like he was close enough for your great shots.

Kindest Regards,

Craig
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited April 4, 2009
    DaddyO wrote:
    Hope that wasn't your trench digging dog. Heard of coyotes pulling that stunt with dogs.
    We are mindful of it when out camping. So far so good.
    Will we get to see more pictures of this bird?
    Looks like he was letting you get fairly close. What lens?
    :D Michael

Hi DaddyO.....Thanks for commenting.......It wasn't Echo, but another dog that has been with me for about 13 years. He was abandon in the desert and he came into camp and started hanging out with me,and we have been together ever sense. As for more pictures, we will see if he stays around.

I have a Nikon D40x and a 55-200mm Nikon lens, and it's not fast glass. I all so have a polarizing filter and that is it. azzaro
    edited April 4, 2009
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Azzaro,

Neat pics, they are one my favorite Birds, we had a pair nesting out in one of our Trees, they are very very smart, they'd wait until they thought no one was watching and then they would change places on the nest, it was so interesting to see them "Glide down" and then take off running, while the other one would kind of jump/fly up to the nest, unfortunately the Damn power company sent out people while I was away and cut the branches away from the lines (they do it for a 5 year growth period ) so all the cover for their nest wentaway, so they didn't come back the next year, but are still around, with the weather here warming up, they have started appearing, I saw 2 when we stopped to get our mail and it always brings a smile to our faces.

Can't wait to see more, I have heard of them becoming very friendly over time, but with the Hound he may not get real close, but looks like he was close enough for your great shots.

Kindest Regards,

Craig

Hi Panther, thanks for the nice comment.....I have two dogs and they leave the bird alone. I have seen them within five feet of each other and don't even look at each other. I have had Roadrunners show up before, but never stay around for very long. I always enjoy their visit....azzaro
    edited April 4, 2009
    Skippy wrote:
    Wow I've never seen a Roadrunner in real life, only pictures and the cartoon version too rolleyes1.gif

It's got very pretty markings around the face.
    The second shot is very characteristic of the version we all know as the Cartoon Character "The Roadrunner"

It's beak does not look in proportion to the size of it's head hu?

Great shots, thanks for sharing, you have lots of interesting things in your area Azzard clap.gif .... Skippy :D

Thanks Skippy for looking in and commenting.....There are a lot of interesting things in my area..... azzaro