Options

Wisdom and Sadness

herionherion Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
edited June 4, 2005 in Holy Macro
While watching Fellowship of the Ring over Memorial Day, I just had to set up and take this shot ...

img_1453.jpg

Comments are very welcome!!!

Comments

• Options
    Blues fanBlues fan Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited June 2, 2005
    I don't know how to explain it really but I love it.
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]_________________________
    -Gil-

[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]My world of photography[/FONT]
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited June 3, 2005
    herion wrote:
    While watching Fellowship of the Ring over Memorial Day, I just had to set up and take this shot ...

img_1453.jpg

Comments are very welcome!!!

Welcome to dgrin Herion. You shot is an interesting beginning. I like the blur effect and the star on the handle of the sword. But the sword seems doubled along the blade and confuses me. The base ofthe statue is visible in the first image, but not the second. Looks like a good beginning that needs just a little more work to finish it out.

Welcome to dgrin. thumb.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    nzmacronzmacro Registered Users Posts: 200 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    I sort of look at this as a Yin and Yang sort of thing. The two subjects can be totally unrelated and yet still are. Interesting and yep, BTW, great to see you here as well thumb.gif

Danny.
  • Options
    herionherion Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2005
    Feedback on "Wisdom and Sadness"
    pathfinder wrote:
    Welcome to dgrin Herion. You shot is an interesting beginning. I like the blur effect and the star on the handle of the sword. But the sword seems doubled along the blade and confuses me. The base ofthe statue is visible in the first image, but not the second. Looks like a good beginning that needs just a little more work to finish it out.

Welcome to dgrin. thumb.gif
    Hey Pathfinder,

Thanks! The subject is a scale miniature of the "Shards of Narsil" from the FOTR movie. The sword is actually broken in pieces, that's why is appears to be doubled. thumb.gif