the fly (not jeff goldblum)

the supervillainthe supervillain Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
edited April 5, 2009 in Holy Macro
Hi everyone! so i got a reversing ring for my 50mm f1.8d the other day, and finally found a bug! the weather is not too spectacular up here, so things are still a little cold! i was lucky because this little fella was still a bit sluggish and just resting on my windowsill and let me do my thing! which was nice, because it took me awhile to get the focus right seeing as this was my first real shot taken with around 1:1 magnification. i am pleased with the result.

not the best of subjects (he is kinda ugly) but without further adieu, the fly

i have a couple of versions of this shot, i will post all 3.

i was looking at the original here:

504513515_VYLSM-M-2.jpg

and while i was happy with it, it was kinda bland

so i experimented with a macro HDR. i really like the way it turned out! i think i am going to play around with HDR bugs and the like once i start seeing more around the area. we will see how that pans out :)

504513359_a8TiN-M-2.jpg

then for the heck of it, i converted the HDR to black and white. cuz i was bored :D

504513257_4wjP6-M-2.jpg

well, let me know what you think!
--Craig...
shoots things with a D80, an F1, and a Diana F+

My Gallery
Sign the guestbook :)!!

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2009
    Look pretty good- the copyright sign right across the middle of the pic does not help viewing them though !
    Brian v.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2009
    Hi everyone! so i got a reversing ring for my 50mm f1.8d the other day, and finally found a bug! the weather is not too spectacular up here, so things are still a little cold! i was lucky because this little fella was still a bit sluggish and just resting on my windowsill and let me do my thing! which was nice, because it took me awhile to get the focus right seeing as this was my first real shot taken with around 1:1 magnification. i am pleased with the result.

not the best of subjects (he is kinda ugly) but without further adieu, the fly

i have a couple of versions of this shot, i will post all 3.

i was looking at the original here:

and while i was happy with it, it was kinda bland

so i experimented with a macro HDR. i really like the way it turned out! i think i am going to play around with HDR bugs and the like once i start seeing more around the area. we will see how that pans out :)

then for the heck of it, i converted the HDR to black and white. cuz i was bored :D

well, let me know what you think!

Hi Craig your watermark really makes it difficult to see your images clearly.
    Looks like you got the focus spot on with the eye.
    Might want to think about moving the watermark thumb.gif .... Skippy :D

Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • the supervillainthe supervillain Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2009
    yah, i am still playing around with the optimal location for the watermark,
    i thought i had it okay, but on second thought now, i do think it needs to be moved around :)
    --Craig...

My Gallery
  • the supervillainthe supervillain Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2009
    Look pretty good- the copyright sign right across the middle of the pic does not help viewing them though !
    Brian v.

thanks again for your honesty :)

it hard to draw a line between being paranoid and wanting people to enjoy your work, i am working on a modified watermark. i think i have found a solution for now, i have merely moved it down so it is not across the most important part of the image!
    --Craig...

My Gallery
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2009
    Think if you post pics on the web you have to accept the risk some people might rip them off. You need to balance this against the exposure and advice you can get get by doing so. I never post anything longer than 1000 pixels longest side and you really can't do anything commercially useful with a shot at that resolution.

Brian v,