Wish me luck!

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited April 5, 2009 in People
I have to walk in there tomorrow and shoot half a dozen strangers and hopefully get some decent headshots of them all in the time allowed..... YIKES!

Ah well - learning curve. I'm hoping that my practice sessions in the studio over the last month mean that I'll at least get through this without totally disgracing myself. Here's hoping! Their expectations are, as far as I can tell, very low... but I'd like to over-deliver. :D We'll see.....

Thanks everybody here for the constant encouragement and guidance - there is no way I could even have CONSIDERED doing this without y'all! :thumb

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    I have to walk in there tomorrow and shoot half a dozen strangers and hopefully get some decent headshots of them all in the time allowed..... YIKES!

Ah well - learning curve. I'm hoping that my practice sessions in the studio over the last month mean that I'll at least get through this without totally disgracing myself. Here's hoping! Their expectations are, as far as I can tell, very low... but I'd like to over-deliver. :D We'll see.....

Thanks everybody here for the constant encouragement and guidance - there is no way I could even have CONSIDERED doing this without y'all! thumb.gif
    Good luck! thumb.gif
    Remember the KISS principle! mwink.gif
    Use what you have figured out, not figure out what to use. deal.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2009
    Good luck! iloveyou.gif
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2009
    Thanks!

Nik, excellent words of advice which were good to read this morning before I started.

It went very, VERY well. I wound up shooting 4 of the 7 student actors who turned up and am currently ploughing through the 800 or so shots I took eek7.gif You can be certain I'll be posting again later!
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2009
    Good luck!!! Hope all will go well! wings.gif
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Thanks!

Nik, excellent words of advice which were good to read this morning before I started.

It went very, VERY well. I wound up shooting 4 of the 7 student actors who turned up and am currently ploughing through the 800 or so shots I took eek7.gif You can be certain I'll be posting again later!

So glad to hear! I came looking for you tonight.

Caroline
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2009
    Good luck!!!!
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2009
    Thanks! Was a lot of fun - sure, I made some mistakes and have a bunch of things I'd do differently next time, but it went better than I could have hoped.

Thanks for the good thoughts!