Waterscapes 1

ProfessionalProfessional Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
edited April 6, 2009 in Landscapes
More seascapes from my area, the first only did some pp and the rest untouched.

img9903va1.jpg

222lw4.jpg

1122rz2.jpg

333ic6.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2009
    Wow you have a wonderful portfolio of seascapes!

I like the unearthly purple hue of the first, I have to say. May I ask why you didn't tweak the others at all? I think they have wonderful potential but my eyes crave a little more pop and a little more details in the shadows. Something that could be accomplished very easily. :D

I always get so frustrated shooting long exposures in water because I think the mind is too preoccupied by the coolness of soft waves than composition. Well, at least in my case. Very clearly not in yours as I think your compositions are quite good!
  • ProfessionalProfessional Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    Wow you have a wonderful portfolio of seascapes!

I like the unearthly purple hue of the first, I have to say. May I ask why you didn't tweak the others at all? I think they have wonderful potential but my eyes crave a little more pop and a little more details in the shadows. Something that could be accomplished very easily. :D

I always get so frustrated shooting long exposures in water because I think the mind is too preoccupied by the coolness of soft waves than composition. Well, at least in my case. Very clearly not in yours as I think your compositions are quite good!

Thank you very much!

In fact all those shots are mostly as tests, sharing them, i am just learning, and i was looking to show something from my area and something from my trips overseas, i can edit my photos but it seems everyone has his own look or opinion, some saying the sharpness is overdone, some saying the saturation is too much, some saying it is soft, some saying i need more deatils here or there, and dust is always an issue, so i got bored of many comments so i decided to show only and i don't care about editing.
  • R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2009
    Hi, love #2, the lighting and swirl in the water is beautiful.
    Cheers, Richard.
  • Picture North CarolinaPicture North Carolina Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited April 6, 2009
    I like those green, mossy-like rocks in the first. Good pics.

SmugMug Gallery | Website | Like my Facebook page, I'll like yours
    edited April 6, 2009
    Thank you very much :):
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2009
    In fact all those shots are mostly as tests, sharing them, i am just learning, and i was looking to show something from my area and something from my trips overseas, i can edit my photos but it seems everyone has his own look or opinion, some saying the sharpness is overdone, some saying the saturation is too much, some saying it is soft, some saying i need more deatils here or there, and dust is always an issue, so i got bored of many comments so i decided to show only and i don't care about editing.

That's a very interesting response for all the helpful advice and feedback that people are trying to leave for you! ne_nau.gif So what are you looking to get out of the forum, then, with posting images you don't believe in and if you are unwilling to accept comments?
    edited April 6, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    That's a very interesting response for all the helpful advice and feedback that people are trying to leave for you! ne_nau.gif So what are you looking to get out of the forum, then, with posting images you don't believe in and if you are unwilling to accept comments?

simply 2 reasons:

- I am very lazy to edit my photos, even if i do i can't be sure i did it very well, so either i post what i did whether edited or unedited, or i never post at all.

- I posted photos in many many websites and forums, and i've got almost the same comments, so due to above reason if i didn't edit my photos before [not talking about HDR] then on 100 websites i will get almost the same comments about my problems, so either i fix and edit my photos or i should ignore the comments because i got them first and second time of those forums, i have many photos that i didn't posted them here yet but i did on another forums and i got comments there, so i am sure i will get same comments here that i got there, then what that will help me to do here if i didn't took those comments before?

I don't get annoyed or mad or whatever about your comments, but almost i know and i saw where are the problems in my photos, but i am not a keen enough or master in Photoshop or Photos editing software to fix all the problems in my photos, and i really don't know what i should fix for different people, but in all cases, some people told me that i should satisfy myself and shouldn't care much if people want me to change something in my photos, they are mine and i lived the moments to take them and i have my own eyes, others may want my photos to turn as they want to see, and if some problems are standard must to be fixed then i should look on some websites where i can fix and edit those common standard issues/problems in photos.
  • kscottkscott Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited April 6, 2009
    simply 2 reasons:

- I am very lazy to edit my photos, even if i do i can't be sure i did it very well, so either i post what i did whether edited or unedited, or i never post at all.

- I posted photos in many many websites and forums, and i've got almost the same comments, so due to above reason if i didn't edit my photos before [not talking about HDR] then on 100 websites i will get almost the same comments about my problems, so either i fix and edit my photos or i should ignore the comments because i got them first and second time of those forums, i have many photos that i didn't posted them here yet but i did on another forums and i got comments there, so i am sure i will get same comments here that i got there, then what that will help me to do here if i didn't took those comments before?

I don't get annoyed or mad or whatever about your comments, but almost i know and i saw where are the problems in my photos, but i am not a keen enough or master in Photoshop or Photos editing software to fix all the problems in my photos, and i really don't know what i should fix for different people, but in all cases, some people told me that i should satisfy myself and shouldn't care much if people want me to change something in my photos, they are mine and i lived the moments to take them and i have my own eyes, others may want my photos to turn as they want to see, and if some problems are standard must to be fixed then i should look on some websites where i can fix and edit those common standard issues/problems in photos.

Hmmmmm...I used to ask some of the young lads that were scouts in the troop that I was scoutmaster in when facing a task that was seemingly daunting a question, it was: How do you eat an elephant? and most of the time i got the response of resignation of "I dunno" and was asked well how do you eat an elephant but only one way and that is....one bite at a time.

I learned photoshop basically by doing one thing at a time over and over until i got the result that I was tying to get, asked a lot of seemingly stupid questions, and now I passible at processing my images in Photoshop. Granted some of the processing techniques are not as intuitive as they could be, but with going over and over again working with tutorials i've found online and reading the manual, photoshop magazine, and having someone occassionally personally show me a thing or two it will come. Hang in there and keep trying.
    kscott
    edited April 6, 2009
    kscott wrote:
    Hmmmmm...I used to ask some of the young lads that were scouts in the troop that I was scoutmaster in when facing a task that was seemingly daunting a question, it was: How do you eat an elephant? and most of the time i got the response of resignation of "I dunno" and was asked well how do you eat an elephant but only one way and that is....one bite at a time.

I learned photoshop basically by doing one thing at a time over and over until i got the result that I was tying to get, asked a lot of seemingly stupid questions, and now I passible at processing my images in Photoshop. Granted some of the processing techniques are not as intuitive as they could be, but with going over and over again working with tutorials i've found online and reading the manual, photoshop magazine, and having someone occassionally personally show me a thing or two it will come. Hang in there and keep trying.

Great, i will do that, keep learning, reading, practicing and experimenting.

Thanks a lot!