Saltgrass & Stillwater

wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
edited April 7, 2009 in Landscapes
789-r3995.jpg
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• SYMPLSYMPL Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited April 6, 2009
    I get the feeling there is not a lot of attention given to minimal landscape here on the board.
    Well I happen to like this image very much and in particular the manner in which it is composed. Not sure if there may be a bit of clipping in that upper corner,but, I don't think it is detrimental to the overall image.
    Well done.
    Gord
    A photograph is usually looked at, seldom looked into. Ansel Adams
    www.symplimages.com
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2009
    Beautiful photo. Reminds me a lot of ND. and it's wide open spaces. I actaully like the light in the upper corner. When out in open spaces like this -- it's just what it looks like thumb.gif
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2009
    I really like the simplicity of this and the water surface with it's silky smooth texture is a very nice touch.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2009
    It looks like one can walk on that water. Very serene and quiet; staring at it causes me to whisper. Very nice! Do you have a story with this?
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2009
    Thank you Gord, Mary Kim, Idlewild, Eia. The barren landscape forced the minimal composition. Aside from the grass there was only a dead bush that stuck up any more than an inch above the water. The water, by the way, isn't more than maybe two inches deep.

Not much story either, other than for some reason I was worried about the trucks on the freeway in the distance at the base of the mountains showing up. Well, that and this shallow pool isn't seen unless it is rather early or late (before sunrise of after sunset when reflecting the sky) in the day, and then, only from certain parts of the road a hundred feet or so above. The road drops down to just a foot or so above the water, but the water is obscured by the salt grass. Very cool and pristine. But what little of it that can usually be seen, it looks like a patch of wet mud. I check out wet mud just in case it's something else.

One of the uses I have for this photo is part of a tribute to a lady who passed away last January, a member of the scientific community who was instrumental in bringing the disciplines engaged in the region together to discuss, share ideas and discoveries. I'm certain she would have delighted in the ellusiveness.
    Anybody can do it.