Working On my Post....Portrait Style!

DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
edited April 7, 2009 in People
Hey Guys, Just wanted to see what you thought of the post processing I did with this one. Thanks!

506661457_PCxfW-L.jpg
506524886_XYg7Q-L.jpg

Comments

• photobanksphotobanks Registered Users Posts: 182 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2009
    Hi,

Would be nice to see the Before image as well to compare.

Michael
    Michael Banks

www.banksy.me.uk - main website
    http://galleries.banksy.me.uk - smugmug site
  • DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2009
    Your right, so I added the before picture!
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2009
    Wow! eek7.gif I like it! I would only watch out with the highlights, they seem to be on the edge. Fun stuff. thumb.gif
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2009
    while I think the PP is interesting and techincally done well, I don't think it is entirely flattering to the model. It is very stark and constrasty which cuts against the models youthful/playful qualities.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2009
    Qarik wrote:
    while I think the PP is interesting and techincally done well, I don't think it is entirely flattering to the model. It is very stark and constrasty which cuts against the models youthful/playful qualities.

Sort of agree. I love this grunge-tweak you have going for the image but it would absolutley kill if she were not smiling.....maybe mouth slightly open, no smile, finger pulling on bottom lip. In respect to the process itself, very nice work!
  • DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2009
    Hey Thanks everyone!! Always helps to see outside the box once in a while, by getting some opinions! This was just a practice photo mostly, no thought was really put into the scenario, just wanted to practice some finishing techniques!
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2009
    Just my two cents, but you could have done almost all of that with your lighting and I bet it would have looked better to boot. I think we have a tendency to rely on post-production these days and I'm just not convinced most images wouldn't simply be better starting with a great capture. I also think your skin smoothing is a bit overdone. But... like I said, just my two cents.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+