Options

Grand Gulch/Southern Utah

Gary sowaGary sowa Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
Hello all!
It looks like I am going to be heading to the grand gulch area this weekend and i had a few questions... but first the plan!

Friday after work: head down and either camp or stay in a hotel,
Sat: Hike in to Bullet Canyon up to at least jail house ruin hope to make it back in time to go to Monument valley for sunset
Sunday: hike fallen roof ruin and moon house ruin then head home

So the questions:

Will I be able to hike to Jail house ruin and back in one day? I know it’s about 10 miles round trip.

Is it wishful thinking to do monument valley as well?

Should I be going anywhere else instead? Or in addition to?

I know it’s a short trip but I have been looking forward to it. To give you a little more background on myself, I am in the military and am currently stationed in Utah. I will be moving in Nov so I am trying to get as many trips in as i can before heading off. I plan on going back down in the next month to try to go down the Kane gulch, as well as monarch cave. Any help would be appreciated and if you don't want to post publicly I would appreciate an email.
Gary

www.garysowaphoto.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited April 7, 2009
    Sorry, I've never heard of Grand Gulch. But I have to say, after looking at the fabulous eagle and other avian photos in your gallery taken at Farmington Bay WMA, that place is definitely on my radar now. deal.gif

Good luck at Grand Gulch; I'll be watching for the pictures. And good luck on your new assignment as well. thumb.gif

Cheers,
    -joel