Options

Help: image settings for client.

GiphsubGiphsub Registered Users Posts: 2,662 Major grins
edited April 7, 2009 in Finishing School
Hi everyone.

I have just been asked by a client for one of my photos that they are going to use on a glass screen. She has requested that I give the image as follows:

"Can you send a disc to me with the image at 300 dpi approx 60megabyts for a A2 size image, we can enlarge it from there. It needs to be in cmyk."

I don't really know much about this side of photos, so would really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to do this. The original photo is a jpeg, at 4.5 MB, and I have photoshop CS and Lightroom.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mike

Comments

• Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2009
    Giphsub wrote:
    Hi everyone.

I have just been asked by a client for one of my photos that they are going to use on a glass screen. She has requested that I give the image as follows:

"Can you send a disc to me with the image at 300 dpi approx 60megabyts for a A2 size image, we can enlarge it from there. It needs to be in cmyk."

I don't really know much about this side of photos, so would really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to do this. The original photo is a jpeg, at 4.5 MB, and I have photoshop CS and Lightroom.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mike

I don't know about this either, Mike.ne_nau.gif

But I think, after you work your magic on the original .jpeg there is a drop down box for cmyk conversion and then save it as a .tiff file (uncompressed).

BTW...cmyk is a color space that printers understand.
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2009
    Cheers Ric.

I tried that, but couldn't really see where to choose that colour space. But I hadn't thought about saving as a tiff. I don't know if that would get it to 60 MB though... headscratch.gif

Anyone else know?
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2009
    Well saving it as a tiff got me a 70 MB file, so far so good, but still unsure how to change it to the colour space required...
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2009
    to boost that 300dpi file to 60mb go to Genuine fractals PRINT PRO and uprez before sharpening......if you download the trial version you can save upto like 20-25 files.....the trial is a fully functional usable version..........GF PRINT PRO should allow you to upres in cmyk also......I run GF print pro even tho I have never had a reason to use the cmyk version.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited April 7, 2009
    Thanks for that Art. I will have a look. But is it available for Mac?
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2009
    Giphsub wrote:
    Well saving it as a tiff got me a 70 MB file, so far so good, but still unsure how to change it to the colour space required...

I was on another computer before that doesn't have PS on it.

Go to Image>Mode>check cmyk color and then save as a tiff...I think. (this was on CS4)
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2009
    Thanks Ric. All done and ready to send now. Thanks for your help guys.

Mike