Mat-Su Valley, Alaska

coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
edited April 7, 2009 in Landscapes
I'm forced to admit I'm not really a fan of snowmachining. The few times I've gone have been dominated by getting stuck and breaking down. :rofl Yesterday was no exception, with three of our four machines having problems, but some friends and I managed to make it a good distance up a mountain overlooking the Mat-Su Valley and I stitched together this panorama. There's a larger version available HERE if you'd like to see things a little closer. Hope you enjoy!

Pictured left to right: Palmer, Butte, Wasilla, Eagle River, Anchorage, and Houston, Alaska. :D

507485520_veSki-X3-1.jpg
John Borland
www.morffed.com

Comments

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited April 7, 2009
    nice stitchen! Yesterday was a beautiful day to be out fighting a snowmachine. Last week this time you wouldn't have been able to get a clear pic like these with all the ash haze. Very cool indeed!thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2009
    Wow John (as always!)

I can't imagine what it's like to see views like this on a regular basis. The pano is lovely but I am sure it's incomparable to the real thing. thumb.gif
  • coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2009
    Thanks JAG and Schmoo! Forgot to mention that the Knik Glacier toward the left is about forty miles away, and Anchorage is disappearing into the haze about the same distance on the other side. Not sure where the haze is from, but I guess it might have something to do with the volcano activity lately. We'll be out again this week hopefully, so I'll try to get some pictures from up on Pioneer Peak, the prominent one just left of center. :D We'll see!
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com