Options

individual photo pricing

chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
edited April 20, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Sorry if this has been asked... I'm trying to set the prices for a couple of photos different from the rest in a gallery. I go to set prices-->Image. I would like to set the pricing of my selected image to the portfolio prices (currently the gallery is set differently than portfolio), but Portfolio is grayed out. Next idea, apply pricing from another gallery that is already set to portfolio; when I do this and click apply to all products, nothing gets filled in the white boxes. Next idea, use percent increase to get it close. When I enter 100% increase and apply, "$0.00" is filled into all the boxes making all the products unavailable. Last idea, try a different browser. No luck.
Any ideas what's going wrong?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2009
    chrismoore wrote:
    Sorry if this has been asked... I'm trying to set the prices for a couple of photos different from the rest in a gallery. I go to set prices-->Image. I would like to set the pricing of my selected image to the portfolio prices (currently the gallery is set differently than portfolio), but Portfolio is grayed out. Next idea, apply pricing from another gallery that is already set to portfolio; when I do this and click apply to all products, nothing gets filled in the white boxes. Next idea, use percent increase to get it close. When I enter 100% increase and apply, "$0.00" is filled into all the boxes making all the products unavailable. Last idea, try a different browser. No luck.
    Any ideas what's going wrong?

Thanks
    If you are using 'gallery' pricing for the gallery, you should be able to clear the gallery pricing and apply Portfolio pricing to the image.

Could you send us a link to the gallery and image to the Help Desk so we can take a look for you? http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal

I wasn't able to replicate the same action on my site, but I could be missing something. :)
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2009
    richW wrote:
    If you are using 'gallery' pricing for the gallery, you should be able to clear the gallery pricing and apply Portfolio pricing to the image.

Could you send us a link to the gallery and image to the Help Desk so we can take a look for you? http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal

I wasn't able to replicate the same action on my site, but I could be missing something. :)

Link sent. Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2009
    following up from the email you sent me, is this a bug or intentional? any word on fixing it?
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2009
    chrismoore wrote:
    following up from the email you sent me, is this a bug or intentional? any word on fixing it?
    Chris, I'm still checking this out. When I get word from the developer I'll email you back. It does look related to portfolio pricing for Bay, but I'm not sure if it's by design or a 'bug'.
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2009
    chrismoore wrote:
    Hi Chris,

After going through your emails and following the same steps it looks like it has to do with the gallery and image lab pricing.

Image pricing has to go through the same lab as the galelry and also must have the same correction option.

Your Portfolio pricing is set for EZ and the gallery is priced for Bay, so the image pricing will need to be set for Bay Photos.

From the help page, "Note: You cannot specify a different print lab or color correction preference for a specific image. Images automatically inherit these two settings from the gallery level."

See step #3 http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2009
    richW wrote:
    Hi Chris,

After going through your emails and following the same steps it looks like it has to do with the gallery and image lab pricing.

Image pricing has to go through the same lab as the galelry and also must have the same correction option.

Your Portfolio pricing is set for EZ and the gallery is priced for Bay, so the image pricing will need to be set for Bay Photos.

From the help page, "Note: You cannot specify a different print lab or color correction preference for a specific image. Images automatically inherit these two settings from the gallery level."

See step #3 http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing

Thanks, Rich. My portfolio level WAS set to Bay, as that's how I priced most of my galleries. much to my surprise when I checked it was set on EZ.. don't know how or when that happened. anyway, it works now, so thanks again for troubleshooting.
  • Options
    canonrtcanonrt Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    I am a power user and I have a question on pricing. I do not make any money on my photos but is there a way that I can see how many of my photos are purchased?

If not, could I just add one cent to the cost & therefore see a summary & know how many photos are sold?

Thanx in advance, smugmug is the GREATEST!................John
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    canonrt wrote:
    I am a power user and I have a question on pricing. I do not make any money on my photos but is there a way that I can see how many of my photos are purchased?

If not, could I just add one cent to the cost & therefore see a summary & know how many photos are sold?

Thanx in advance, smugmug is the GREATEST!................John
    Hi John, no, I'm sorry to say the answer to both of your queries is no.

We'd like to one day have reporting for all levels, but we're not there yet, I'm so very sorry :(