Deception Pass - Oak Harbor, WA

Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
edited April 9, 2009 in Landscapes
So I have been living in Oak Harbor for about 6 years now. The Navy brought me here. I have probably taken 100 shots of Deception Pass in that time frame. Yet every time I go there I find new ways to do different things and find new shots. These are HDRs of the bridge at a few angles. Let me know what you think. I know that the middle of the underside is a little overexposed but The sun was crazy bright and even with it dialed down it was still bright. I think it turned out well anyways! Enjoy!

DSC_0001_2_3_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_0004_5_6_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_0007_8_9_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_0010_1_2_tonemapped.jpg

Comments

• ali79ali79 Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited April 9, 2009
    Good work , very nice
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2009
    I LOVE these pictures!! I have been to Deception Pass, one time, many years ago and remember it fondly. It was one of my wife's and mine first trips. We had some excellent smoked salmon while there.
    Thanks for the great pics and memories!!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2009
    now that is an interesting perspective on the bridge there! i didn't even know you could get down into the framework like that! very cool...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2009
    Thanks for all the comments! I am glad that everyone liked them!
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2009
    I really like those first two shots, great geometric patterns and lines, and the color/treatment works well.
  • Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2009
    Thanks Ron! Coming from another WWner makes me feel good! I think this weekend I am going to go back and actually take my tripod and see what shots I can come up with!