Porsche 356C

jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
edited April 10, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Well no car forum so post it here... I learnt that it's damn hard to light a car with 3 speedlights without requisite light modifiers and room to position it all around the car - learning experience but I can go back and take a car to a different location next time which i'm looking forward too

Here's 1 or 2 (and a couple more in here if you're interested...)

508399488_PfrmK-L.jpg

508729744_aKPiV-L.jpg

ok 3...
508733647_BegJx-L.jpg

Cheers, Jase

Comments

• aj986saj986s Registered Users Posts: 1,100 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2009
    Nice pics of some classics! The first one is hurt a bit by the lighting, which you've already pointed out. But I think if the top is cropped a bit lower (get rid of the light fixture and extra whitespace), it looks better to me. Makes the image look more vintage. It might be a good candidate for B/W, too.

Are they yours? A 356 and long-hood in the same garage would be very nice! thumb.gif
    Tony P.
    Canon 50D, 30D and Digital Rebel (plus some old friends - FTB and AE1)
    Long-time amateur.....wishing for more time to play
    Autocross and Track junkie
    tonyp.smugmug.com
  • jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2009
    aj986s wrote:
    Nice pics of some classics! The first one is hurt a bit by the lighting, which you've already pointed out. But I think if the top is cropped a bit lower (get rid of the light fixture and extra whitespace), it looks better to me. Makes the image look more vintage. It might be a good candidate for B/W, too.

Are they yours? A 356 and long-hood in the same garage would be very nice! thumb.gif

Actually i was thinking more the third photo (the bright red 356C) was the tough one with the light as you see the flash reflection....

I might try cropping it - good idea

Not mine - they're in a mates business - he buys and sells them
    Personally I'm more a Ferrari person - but hell i couldn't afford to run one of them!!!

thanks for looking :)
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2009
    Popping a light behind the car in the photo #2 was a creative idea. I don't like what it did for your background, but like the hard light from underneath.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2009
    Icebear wrote:
    Popping a light behind the car in the photo #2 was a creative idea. I don't like what it did for your background, but like the hard light from underneath.

Thanks - i was aiming for a sort of bounce glow off the cement floor and it sort of worked - not quite the spread i would have liked though

the background i toned down in PP just to de-emphasize it a bit

honestly i know the owner and will go back some other time and pick a car and take it to a more photo friendly location which will definitely help as trying to photograph cars with flashes in tight cramped spaces (with other photographers tripping your flashes off too) was reaaaaallll hard

but it's all on the path of learning :)