Something Different For Me - Closeup of Matchbox Box

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited April 12, 2009 in Holy Macro
I usually shoot outdoors but I was bored the other night so I took some pics of various things in my mom's guest room. Here is a closeup of a Matchbox car box sitting on a glass shelf. I used my 50mm 1.4 with a 10X closeup lens. Just thought I'd post it for grins. :D

Lauren

509354639_H2ruG-L.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    I usually shoot outdoors but I was bored the other night so I took some pics of various things in my mom's guest room. Here is a closeup of a Matchbox car box sitting on a glass shelf. I used my 50mm 1.4 with a 10X closeup lens. Just thought I'd post it for grins. :D

Lauren

It's fun experimenting :D

I see a lot of distortion in this shot, more so on the right hand side of the image.

Though it lets you get very very very close, it would be hard to pick a focus point I'd imagine.

Keep experiementing, it's a lot of fun, and a great way to learn thumb.gif

... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2009
    Thanks, Skippy. This closeup lens is hard to use--you are right about the difficulty finding a focus spot. I'll probably be in the market for a good macro lens before too long. I will also probably stick with my outdoor shoots. But, it is fun to play around--and the "delete" button makes it easier!

Cheers,
    Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com