Options

Sports posters

shphotosshphotos Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
edited April 13, 2009 in Sports
I've been working on sports posters for my daughters' teams and would like some feedback and ideas. Thanks.

509538803_W3wfk-S.jpg509538247_jMYci-S.jpg

508253211_epoB3-S.jpg508254424_meFPc-S.jpg

Comments

• Options
    zonk6719zonk6719 Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited April 10, 2009
    I think the are great!!! How do you do that? I would love to be able to make posters for my sons baseball team!! Is it hard to do?
    Learning as I go!!
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2009
    zonk6719 wrote:
    I think the are great!!! How do you do that? I would love to be able to make posters for my sons baseball team!! Is it hard to do?

Thank you for your kind comment. I made these in Adobe Photoshop. I have done posters at the end of the season for two years of volleyball (school and club), soccer, and softball. Luckily, my two kids play lots of sports, so I get plenty of practice. I learn something new each time.
  • Options
    The HackThe Hack Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited April 11, 2009
    shphotos wrote:
    Thank you for your kind comment. I made these in Adobe Photoshop. I have done posters at the end of the season for two years of volleyball (school and club), soccer, and softball. Luckily, my two kids play lots of sports, so I get plenty of practice. I learn something new each time.
    Nice work there I like the 2 on the left .
    the top right image of the girl at the net while I am drawn there if find it not a smooth transition like the 1 on the left which flows well ,maybe it is the the border .The soccor clubs name at the top is the better placement and then the players name not being so bold as the team name is for me also better.The bottom image also with the player in the white her arm is crossing the players leg cutting it off , were the 1 on the left stops about 1/4 o the leg which is fine
    But fantastic effort and something that I would be proud of nice images and flow alot of work gone into it 10/10
    r
    Greg
  • Options
    edited April 12, 2009
    The Hack wrote:
    Nice work there I like the 2 on the left .
    the top right image of the girl at the net while I am drawn there if find it not a smooth transition like the 1 on the left which flows well ,maybe it is the the border .The soccor clubs name at the top is the better placement and then the players name not being so bold as the team name is for me also better.The bottom image also with the player in the white her arm is crossing the players leg cutting it off , were the 1 on the left stops about 1/4 o the leg which is fine
    But fantastic effort and something that I would be proud of nice images and flow alot of work gone into it 10/10
    r
    Greg

Greg,
    Thanks for your specific comments. They are really helpful. I tried cutting out the blocker on the right, but it looked weird with the net over her face. She usually blocks with her eyes closed and her face scrunched up, so I liked this one with her eyes open. Also, thanks for your encouragement. It's hard to be objective about my own stuff.
  • Options
    markgorbymarkgorby Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited April 12, 2009
    Here is one I've been working on...comments welcome.
  • Options
    edited April 12, 2009
  • Options
    SoonerShawnSoonerShawn Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2009
    these are all great...either of you care to share a little bit of how you created these in PS?
  • Options
    grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,534 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2009
    Beautiful job!! Nice detail!!
  • Options
    edited April 12, 2009
    markgorby wrote:
    Here is one I've been working on...comments welcome.

Mark,
    These are terrific. I really like the progression on your pitcher. One thing I have learned on this forum is to be really careful about overlapping hands, balls, lettering, etc., over player's crotches. Just awkward. Well done.
  • Options
    edited April 12, 2009
    these are all great...either of you care to share a little bit of how you created these in PS?

I'll try: For the soccer posters, I started with the main picture and copied the player with the lasso tool, then pasted it back on. Then I added a solid color layer, lowering the opacity so I can see some of the background. I put the player layer on top, so they are clear. The white light behind the player was added with: add adjustment layer; gradient: radial. I then copied other cutouts of the player from other photos and pasted them onto the main photo. It takes a while to pick pictures that balance and fit together. In the volleyball posters, I used the rectangular marquee tool to copy the picture of the blocker, copied and pasted onto the poster. The frames are a copy of a solid layer, sized behind the inset picture, (although I am sure there is a more efficient way to do that). Add text, and there you go (okay, many hours later). Hope that helps.
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2009
    I pretty much do the same thing. Pitcher background is just a gradient gray. Lasso each image and paste on top of background layer.I have the Bonnies wolf shield saved on a transparent background. Use transform tool to increase size of side images. My biggest time is spent cleaning the edges of the pasted images with an eraser tool. I print these in 20x30. The guys and parents love them. I have 11 to do for gifts to the guys who are graduating this year. 6 down, 5 to go.