Two kid's portarits.

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited June 6, 2005 in People
Priviet, dear friends.
Just 2 portraits of kids.
1 We were invited to birthday and I took a portrait of one of the guest's daughter.
2423.jpg
2 This is Taniushka - graddaughter of our dacha's neighbour... She lives at dacha with her grandmom and she miss her mom a bit...
2424.jpg
Yes, there's a lot of 'things' at Dacha (I cant remove them), but I like her expression....
Spasibo,
Yuri

Comments

• MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    Yuri...
    The first shot is fantastic-the detail in the eyes, the lighting and crop are wonderful.

The second shot is no-less fantastic. You have beautifully captured her spirit, and again the lighting, pose, etc. are great. I have no problem whatsoever with the setting. The background is sufficiently out of focus so as not to be a disturbing, and the items on the table that are in the field of focus add the to ambience of the scene.

Once again-you are a people-portrait master.

Take care,

Mongrel (Anthony)
    If every keystroke was a shutter press I'd be a pro by now...
  • BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    Very nice lighting on the first one Yuri, but there's something about the second one (which I can't put my finger on) that really attracts my attention. Maybe it's the color of her outfit and the tomatoes.

Nice to see your spring colors as we head into winter.

regards
    alan
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    BigAl wrote:
    Very nice lighting on the first one Yuri, but there's something about the second one (which I can't put my finger on) that really attracts my attention. Maybe it's the color of her outfit and the tomatoes.

Nice to see your spring colors as we head into winter.

regards
    alan

Spasibo, Alan!
    Can you show us your winter?
    And, please, tell me - how does the water behave in a funnel in your places - does it goes Clockwise or counter-clockwise? (or beer, when you drink it :-)
    Spasibo
    edited June 3, 2005
    Mongrel wrote:
    The first shot is fantastic-the detail in the eyes, the lighting and crop are wonderful.

The second shot is no-less fantastic. You have beautifully captured her spirit, and again the lighting, pose, etc. are great. I have no problem whatsoever with the setting. The background is sufficiently out of focus so as not to be a disturbing, and the items on the table that are in the field of focus add the to ambience of the scene.

Once again-you are a people-portrait master.

Take care,

Mongrel (Anthony)

Spasibo, Mongrel!
    Yuri
  • leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    That first shot is just amazing! What did you do to bring out the eyes like that?

Like the second shot too.

Lee
    edited June 3, 2005
    leebase wrote:
    That first shot is just amazing! What did you do to bring out the eyes like that?

Like the second shot too.

Lee
    Spasibo, Lee.
    Nothing special - just full zoom of my F707...
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    Hey Yuri
    Both pictures look very, very nice, but on the second one the freshly cut tomatoes add the spice to the picture and are in perfect harmony with the girl's dress (along witht the reddish of the table cloth) ...

Awesome composition anc color!
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited June 3, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    Both pictures look very, very nice, but on the second one the freshly cut tomatoes add the spice to the picture and are in perfect harmony with the girl's dress (along witht the reddish of the table cloth) ...

Awesome composition anc color!
    Spasibo, Nikolai!
    Yuri
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    Priviet, dear friends.
    Just 2 portraits of kids.
    1 We were invited to birthday and I took a portrait of one of the guest's daughter.
    2 This is Taniushka - graddaughter of our dacha's neighbour... She lives at dacha with her grandmom and she miss her mom a bit...
    Yes, there's a lot of 'things' at Dacha (I cant remove them), but I like her expression....
    Spasibo,
    Yuri
    Yuri,

I will use your own words, the first one is a beautiful portrait, but the second one (are you ready for your own words?) tells a story.

I love the second one, it held my attention way longer than the first one. Composition, secondary elements, my eyes wonder and take in the feast. Colors, color repeat, patterns, lighting. It is a beautiful shot.

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    the first shot is great, but the 2nd shot is simply stunning. i absolutely love the saturation and warmth. awesome shot!

-barry
    edited June 4, 2005
    binghott wrote:
    the first shot is great, but the 2nd shot is simply stunning. i absolutely love the saturation and warmth. awesome shot!

-barry
    Spasibo, Barry!
    Yuri
  • BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2005
    Spasibo, Alan!
    Can you show us your winter?
    And, please, tell me - how does the water behave in a funnel in your places - does it goes Clockwise or counter-clockwise? (or beer, when you drink it :-)
    Spasibo
    Hello Yuri, winter down here is quite ugly as everything is yellow and brown and dead, so not good material to show. I'll take a few next week to share.

The water/beer is supposed to swirl in a counter-clockwise direction on exiting a small hole down here (I think - will have to check the physics behind it headscratch.gif).

regards
    alan
  • elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2005
    Oh Yuri! Both pictures are great...
    ... but #2 is outstanding. Love the light and her expression is amazing! Good job as usuall!!! thumb.gif
  • Rufio220Rufio220 Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2005
    I like both, they are great. the second on shows some real feeling. i like the food(is it watermelon?) and how it matches the girl and i don't know it cought my eye... it does "tell the story"
    ~Take it while it's there, cause tomorrow it will be gone~
    edited June 6, 2005
    Rufio220 wrote:
    I like both, they are great. the second on shows some real feeling. i like the food(is it watermelon?) and how it matches the girl and i don't know it cought my eye... it does "tell the story"

Spasibo, Rufio!
    Its tomatos... And yes, I used Harry's method here and it helped a lot!
    Yuri
    edited June 6, 2005
    elfving73 wrote:
    ... but #2 is outstanding. Love the light and her expression is amazing! Good job as usuall!!! thumb.gif
    Mattias!
    Happy to meet you!
    Spasibo for your comment very much!
    Yuri
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2005
    As a soon-to-be parent, I really hope I can take pictures half as nice as these. I love the eye contact. thumb.gif
    Chris