Streetside Dress Sale

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited April 14, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
These colorful dresses were displayed outside of a quaint little village shop.

509994233_v7wap-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2009
    Howdy Tom,

Dang, is that from the same Tokina Lens? That thing really renders beautiful colors and very sharp and crisp details.

I love the brightness of the image, very nicely done.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2009
    Hey Craig,

Yea, this shot was made with the trusty Tokina. Every now and then, a piece of equipment comes along that just won't fail your expectations. I've got a room full of Nikon lenses....some great, others less so....but this one lens just performs flawlessly all the time. I think many of these " third party " lens manufacturers have made...and continue to make....great strides in bringing really good stuff to the market.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2009
    These colorful dresses were displayed outside of a quaint little village shop.

Wow they are colourful, sharp too, I can even see the stitching lines nod.gif

Nice one thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited April 12, 2009
    Hi Skippy,

Thanks for looking in. I appreciate your support.

Tom
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2009
    Tom, this shot made me take my camera downtown, since I was going that way, yesterday and hunt up a shop with cloths displayed outside a shop.
    Missed the open street market so no luck finding anything. There will be a
    next time to try for similar something to expand my similar somethings. :D
    Michael
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2009
    WOW Tom!!!
    The colors and detail are wonderful. That lens is great but it's the guy behind it that made the shot. thumb.gifthumb

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
    edited April 13, 2009
    Hey Michael,

There's no greater accolade than to know you made someone grab a camera and go looking for something to shoot. I'm on cloud nine.

Take care,

Tom
    edited April 13, 2009
    Hi Jack,

You're too kind. I try and shoot things other than cars, planes and old buildings. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't.

Take care of yourself, my friend.

Tom
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2009
    :D Nice. Did go and get some other shots since I couldn't find detail color
    shots. Tried my hand at HDR instead since I have been wanting to give
    that a go. Posted the primary results in Landscapes for feedback. Would be
    nice to have your thoughts for those. Michael
    Michael
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2009
    I agree...what beautiful colors thumb.gif

I know nothing about Tokina lenes...which one did you use for this photo?
    edited April 14, 2009
    Hi Mary Kim.

Tokina, like some other lens manufacturers....notably Tamron, Sigma, and a couple others....is producing some first-rate stuff for the market. This particular shot was made with the Tokina ATX-Pro 20-35 mm F-2.8 constant. This lens is one of the best I've ever seen at accurate color rendition and is absolutely one of the sharpest I've personally used. As a dyed-in-the-wool Nikon man, I have quite a few of their lenses....good stuff, for sure....but this particular Tokina is quite exceptional.

Thanks for looking in,

Tom
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2009
    Hi Mary Kim.

Tokina, like some other lens manufacturers....notably Tamron, Sigma, and a couple others....is producing some first-rate stuff for the market. This particular shot was made with the Tokina ATX-Pro 20-35 mm F-2.8 constant. This lens is one of the best I've ever seen at accurate color rendition and is absolutely one of the sharpest I've personally used. As a dyed-in-the-wool Nikon man, I have quite a few of their lenses....good stuff, for sure....but this particular Tokina is quite exceptional.

Thanks for looking in,

Tom

Thank your for the information. I was amazed at the color too...it looked so good :D