#23 works or not???

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited April 12, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Took several hours of shooting and at least 100 shots to get this one. Used a hotlight with umbrella, flash, reflector, mirror, lots of water and a 12mm extention tube maco with my 18 - 50mm lens. Set the camera for vivid color. Does it look saturated enough?

Dripping with color....
510232195_euJRw-L-1.jpg

EDITS
510361812_sLAWo-L-2.jpg

510361810_ckQCP-L.jpg

Comments

• Velvet-ArtVelvet-Art Registered Users Posts: 292 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2009
    1st of all may I say that is a cool idea and having done water drop shots myself I can understand the trials it takes to get that shot with the drop in mid air.thumb.gif

To answer your question, I'd say yes it is saturated looking, I think any more saturation would maybe look a bit wonky. The only thing I can say is that I wish the edges of the water splash on the mirror were a little more defined, but that may not be possible due to dof issues with using the extension tube.

Tim
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited April 11, 2009
    Velvet-Art wrote:
    1st of all may I say that is a cool idea and having done water drop shots myself I can understand the trials it takes to get that shot with the drop in mid air.thumb.gif

To answer your question, I'd say yes it is saturated looking, I think any more saturation would maybe look a bit wonky. The only thing I can say is that I wish the edges of the water splash on the mirror were a little more defined, but that may not be possible due to dof issues with using the extension tube.

Tim
    Thanks for replying so quickly. Yes that is a challenge about the splash. I have others I haven't really looked at and I might later today to see if there is a better splash in one of them. The splash is also somewhat lost in the black background. But the black background was needed to bring out the colors of the cd.
    edited April 11, 2009
    ok...I have edited the top post with some more options. Which is better?
  • DrinDrin Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2009
    For me it's a toss up between the first two. The first one is more subtle and classy, the second is bold and loud - almost retro in my eyes. Really can't decide. headscratch.gif Excellent shot.
    Canon EOS 1000D (Rebel XS)
    EF-S 18-55mm
    EF 75-300mm
  • TangoJulietTangoJuliet Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2009
    #2 gets my vote. Very nicethumb.gif .
  • HaliteHalite Registered Users Posts: 467 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2009
    I like the boldness of color and tighter crop of #2. Beautiful creative take on the Challenge concept.
    edited April 12, 2009
    Yeah I am starting to think number two is more saturated in color. It has more light reflecting on it which makes it brighter than the first. I am wondering if the reflection on #2 is too warped looking. There is water refractions that is causing that but the black background makes the actual water look invisible on the mirror.