Options

Need some help - lost some images

jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
edited May 7, 2009 in SmugMug Support
I need some help from someone at Smugmug to find out where ~10 images that I was moving from one gallery to another went as they are not in the gallery that I intended to move them to.

I'm in the process of finalizing a big shoot with 52 galleries and over 1300 photos from three photographers. I was trying to move about 10 photos from one gallery to another using the Move Photos function. They disappeared from the original gallery, but did not show up in the new gallery. I presume Smugmug put them somewhere, but I have more than 550 galleries in this account (http://friend.smugmug.com) so there's no way I can look through every gallery to try to find them. I'm less concerned about the images themselves. I can re-upload them if I have to. But, I don't want these images stuck in some other gallery where they don't belong and I'm figuring that's probably what happened.

Dear Smugmug support. Do you have any way of knowing where these images went? Is there any sort of log of recent transactions you can look at? The images were in this gallery: http://friend.smugmug.com/gallery/7869795_6VwrL and I was trying to move them to this gallery: http://friend.smugmug.com/gallery/7875118_x4pD7. FYI, both are password protected.
--John
HomepagePopular
JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
Always include a link to your site when posting a question

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2009
    Hmmm. The images are now showing in the correct gallery. The problem seems to have worked itself out. It took more than 15 minutes for the images to show up in the destination gallery. I thought they had gone somewhere else, but Smugmug was just being very slow about moving them.

Not cool! I got quite concerned that they had either gotten lost of gone to the wrong place and just wasted 20 minutes trying to find them.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2009
    jfriend wrote:
    Hmmm. The images are now showing in the correct gallery. The problem seems to have worked itself out. It took more than 15 minutes for the images to show up in the destination gallery. I thought they had gone somewhere else, but Smugmug was just being very slow about moving them.

Not cool! I got quite concerned that they had either gotten lost of gone to the wrong place and just wasted 20 minutes trying to find them.
    This is unusual, I just moved photos and they went to the gallery immediately. Sorry for the scare, John - let us know if it happens again, thanks.
  • Options
    camillercamiller Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2009
    I've had the same problem while only moving one or two photos using the move photos function. Sometimes they appear in the destination album almost immediately or it takes them a while and other times they don't appear at all.
    Cindy
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2009
    camiller wrote:
    I've had the same problem while only moving one or two photos using the move photos function. Sometimes they appear in the destination album almost immediately or it takes them a while and other times they don't appear at all.
    Hi! Sorry for your trouble - we'd LOVE to help :D Please tell us the photos, the from and to gallery. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Hi! Sorry for your trouble - we'd LOVE to help :D Please tell us the photos, the from and to gallery. Thanks!

It's no particular gallery and since it's only one or two photos here and there I just upload them again. I did move one from a blogging gallery to my black and white gallery and it took forever to appear in the black and white but it finally did. As of this moment I'm waiting on another from the same gallery to be moved into the B&W one. It's been about 3 minutes since I moved it and it's still not there.

I'm not really complaining, like I said it's only one or two photos and I just upload them again. I thought I'd just let someone know it was happening.

I can keep track of when it happens and the length of time it takes and post back if you'd like.

FYI - I love smugmug and it's been an enjoyable experience. I'm very happy here. Thanks for all your help.

The photo just appeared in the destination gallery. It took maybe 5 minutes.

I'm good.
    Cindy
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2009
    camiller wrote:
    It's no particular gallery and since it's only one or two photos here and there I just upload them again. I did move one from a blogging gallery to my black and white gallery and it took forever to appear in the black and white but it finally did. As of this moment I'm waiting on another from the same gallery to be moved into the B&W one. It's been about 3 minutes since I moved it and it's still not there.

I'm not really complaining, like I said it's only one or two photos and I just upload them again. I thought I'd just let someone know it was happening.

I can keep track of when it happens and the length of time it takes and post back if you'd like.

FYI - I love smugmug and it's been an enjoyable experience. I'm very happy here. Thanks for all your help.

The photo just appeared in the destination gallery. It took maybe 5 minutes.

I'm good.
    Just a note: The move option is working GREAT! It's like it was when I first joined, if not faster. Everything I've been moving appears almost instantly.

One other thing, I'm not a professional photographer (I wish I was) but the help that I've received here on dgrin has been awesome. The guys and gals have all been professional and considerate of my needs and wants and I appreciate that. Thanks to everyone for all the help.
    Cindy
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2009
    camiller wrote:
    Just a note: The move option is working GREAT! It's like it was when I first joined, if not faster. Everything I've been moving appears almost instantly.

One other thing, I'm not a professional photographer (I wish I was) but the help that I've received here on dgrin has been awesome. The guys and gals have all been professional and considerate of my needs and wants and I appreciate that. Thanks to everyone for all the help.
    Thank you! :D