DSS #23 - Saturated

CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
edited April 15, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here's what I'm liking for my entry... How does everyone else feel about it?

510969882_YpdLn-XL.jpg

Whoops... looks like the horizon is crooked... just imagine it's straight... :wink
Chris
SmugMug QA
My Photos

Comments

• dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2009
    What a gorgeous shot!! I love the blur of the water coming in, feels like I am about to be saturated.
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited April 12, 2009
    yes lovely image. You already mentioned the straightning but I am wondering if you can pop the colors a lil more and add some more depth?? Just a thought.
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2009
    Here's a rework (well 2...) I masked in some detail on the rocks in the right-side foreground from a different frame (I think the splash actually blocked the light in the original shot) and darkened things a little to hopefully add a bit more moodiness and popped up the colors a little bit.

1) After uploading this one, the blues in the foreground looked way too saturated (I think I've got a calibration issue ne_nau.gif )
    511173015_9sdHk-XL.jpg

2) So I masked in a little bit of a desaturation mask (which was a little tricky 'cause the issue wasn't showing in Photoshop itself)
    511186858_MjkZJ-XL.jpg

Which one looks best to everyone? And/or did I move in the right direction with the re-process?
    Thanks!! thumb.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Velvet-ArtVelvet-Art Registered Users Posts: 292 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2009
    #2 does it for me, you've really captured the excitement of the moment here, and as an earlier poster said, I feel like I'm about to be drenched.

Good shot thumb.gif

Tim
    edited April 13, 2009
    Velvet-Art wrote:
    #2 does it for me, you've really captured the excitement of the moment here, and as an earlier poster said, I feel like I'm about to be drenched.

Good shot thumb.gif

Tim

Thanks Tim!

In response to your and Dnie's feelings, I think I'll call it "About to be..." :D
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited April 13, 2009
    edited April 13, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    lovin #2!thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif

Thanks Jag!! :D
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2009
    #2 is fantastic, but personally I would crop out more of the sky. Although the composition is great in general, the sky becomes part of the focal point as a whole. Crop about half of the sky though, and you can't drag your eye away from that wave. Totally makes me want to jump back!
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

edited April 15, 2009
    #2 is fantastic, but personally I would crop out more of the sky. Although the composition is great in general, the sky becomes part of the focal point as a whole. Crop about half of the sky though, and you can't drag your eye away from that wave. Totally makes me want to jump back!

Great suggestion, Emily!
    Thank you! thumb.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos