All dressed up...

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited April 15, 2009 in People
Boy, I'm just Posty McPosterton at the moment (hope I'm not exceeding the statute of limitations... I just seem to have done a lot of shooting of late :huh)

My youn'un all dressed up this morning - we were racing out of the house so didn't have time to set this up the way I wanted but it's a nice grab of her at this age, and it proves that this year the daffodils DID bloom the way they're supposed to!

Consider it a study in "trying to deal with too-harsh light without enough time to grab a reflector or flash".

511582599_7T3SH-L.jpg

I think when I have time this week I want to try this one with some more extreme processing and play around with it... we'll see if I get to it!

Comments

• PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2009
    Cute shot

I would crop some off the left side.

Take Care,
    Chuck
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2009
    Cute shot Diva! I like the way the yellow in her dress compliments the daffodils. I might desaturate the bright yellow in the background just a bit. It distracts a little from her cute face.
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2009
    Very nice shot - what a good-lookn' kiddo! The yellow of the daffodils compliments nicely.:D

I might just crop a little on the left like Chuck suggested.
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2009
    Thanks all! I need to play with this one still - it's not really finished. I want to tweak the crop and the processsing now that I've thought about it a little bit (I seem to neeed to STEP away before I can "see" what I shot, if that makes sense - my eyes just get immune to reality if I do them too soon after I took them). I'm glad y'all caught the daffs + dress - that was my sneaky plan when I put her there!! thumb.gif