Reed Beds

SillKickingSillKicking Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
edited April 15, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I took these shots a few days ago.. hope you like them.. comments and constructive criticism are always welcome.

509266221_Sdoqf-L.jpg

509268253_u5K8Y-L.jpg

509287335_YiE9p-L.jpg
Marc

I always appreciate comments and constructive criticism..:D

http://marcvlitos.smugmug.com/

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2009
    I took these shots a few days ago.. hope you like them.. comments and constructive criticism are always welcome.

I like the first one and the last one.

Love the mirror effect of the first shot, great reflection clap.gif
    ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2009
    I love reeds and with all the sloughs around my neck of the woods I've yet to take many photos of them.

Last photo is my fav thumb.gif
  • SillKickingSillKicking Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited April 15, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    I love reeds and with all the sloughs around my neck of the woods I've yet to take many photos of them.

Last photo is my fav thumb.gif

Looking at them again I have to say that I like the last one best.. I love the pattern the reeds make

Marc
    Marc

edited April 15, 2009
    Looking at them again I have to say that I like the last one best.. I love the pattern the reeds make

Marc

I've never seen the reeds lay like that, but then again I haven't looked for that. After seeing you photo I'm going to look closer when I'm out by the sloughs thumb.gif
  • anvilimageanvilimage Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2009
    the reflection in the first one is great!
    Joe Ercoli
    My Photo Blog - www.anvilimage.com
    My Smugmug Gallery
  • SillKickingSillKicking Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited April 15, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    I've never seen the reeds lay like that, but then again I haven't looked for that. After seeing you photo I'm going to look closer when I'm out by the sloughs thumb.gif

The wind on Elk Lake tends to come from the South West and I took these pictures at the North End of the lake where everything tends to get washed up.. I have noticed that the reeds seem break into fairly even lengths and end up in floating mats in sheltered corners or in between tree roots. The day I took these pictures my son was rowing in a regatta on the lake and I was hanging around taking pictures while waiting for him to show up.
    Marc

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2009
    Nice shots--I vote for #1 also. That reflection is superb!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited April 15, 2009
    The wind on Elk Lake tends to come from the South West and I took these pictures at the North End of the lake where everything tends to get washed up.. I have noticed that the reeds seem break into fairly even lengths and end up in floating mats in sheltered corners or in between tree roots. The day I took these pictures my son was rowing in a regatta on the lake and I was hanging around taking pictures while waiting for him to show up.

Lucky your found those....hope you get more photos like that. Right now we have cut corn stalks doing this from all our flooding.