1973 Caprice Classic Coupe

KiloKilo Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
edited April 14, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
This photo was taken back in the spring or summer of 1994 by my friend's film pocket camera. I couldn't fix it at all to get details of the clouds/sky, but the car looks pretty good in this photo.

I sold it only `cos back then, no one made parts for it. So I thought if it got wrecked, anything about it that got messed up, (bumpers, quarter panels, grill, etc.), would never get replaced,`cos they said they will never make parts for that kind'a car. Then a couple years after I sold it, they started making parts.:rolleyes Now I'm looking for another.

Later on, before I sold her, I had her rolling on a set of Crager StreetStar racing mags. She also had 80% black homemade headlight covers. She came out of the factory with a inward curved rear window and all windows were tinted, except the front one.

She had a 400 CID eng., TH400 trans., Mallory ignition system; rear tires were 270/55/15s and the fronts were 255/60/15s. Even though the car weighed around 5700lbs, she would smoke the tires, and had a very scary top-end. I wouldn't dare find out her top-end speed. I believe eventually she would have reached 130mph.

She had a burgundy, light metallic paint with a cinnimon color vinyl top and black & burgundy interior. Anyway, I miss her and I want her back... or another one like her in the same near mint condition.

3438267047_3c0787cce3_o.jpg
ʞ1└0

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2009
    Kilo wrote:
    This photo was taken back in the spring or summer of 1994 by my friend's film pocket camera. I couldn't fix it at all to get details of the clouds/sky, but the car looks pretty good in this photo.

I sold it only `cos back then, no one made parts for it. So I thought if it got wrecked, anything about it that got messed up, (bumpers, quarter panels, grill, etc.), would never get replaced,`cos they said they will never make parts for that kind'a car. Then a couple years after I sold it, they started making parts.rolleyes1.gif Now I'm looking for another.

Later on, before I sold her, I had her rolling on a set of Crager StreetStar racing mags. She also had 80% black homemade headlight covers. She came out of the factory with a inward curved rear window and all windows were tinted, except the front one.

She had a 400 CID eng., TH400 trans., Mallory ignition system; rear tires were 270/55/15s and the fronts were 255/60/15s. Even though the car weighed around 5700lbs, she would smoke the tires, and had a very scary top-end. I wouldn't dare find out her top-end speed. I believe eventually she would have reached 130mph.

She had a burgundy, light metallic paint with a cinnimon color vinyl top and black & burgundy interior. Anyway, I miss her and I want her back... or another one like her in the same near mint condition.

Awwww too bad you had to part with her.
    Could a person afford to run these big old cars these days??
    They must have been real petrol drinkers ?

She looks a nice ride nod.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • KiloKilo Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2009
    Skippy wrote:
    Awwww too bad you had to part with her.
    Could a person afford to run these big old cars these days??
    They must have been real petrol drinkers ?

She looks a nice ride nod.gif .... Skippy :D
    Yeah, those big boat-towing cars such as my Caprice, had a solid metal body. I don't know what kind'a metal the body was, but the bumpers were either iron or nickel. (I'm thinking it was nickel).

My Caprice got about 23 mpg on the interstate and about 17 on the streets. Gas prices were about $1.21/gal. back then, and now it's over $2, and I have a car now that has a slipping transmission, and so it goes 6 to 8 mpg on the interstate and of course worse on the streets. So it would still be better to have my old car back.
    :cry
    ʞ1└0