Chrysanthemum and Carved Figurine

TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
edited April 14, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I've added a new gallery to my SmugMug site: Table Top Photography. Days where the weather restricts my outdoor photography, or I don't feel like driving around looking for "that shot", I set up in the garage.

I used a chrysanthemum for the foreground because of the significence of that flower to the Japanese. The throne of the Emperor of Japan is called "The Chrysanthemum Throne". The Imperial Seal of Japan bears a chrysanthemum, and the flower frequently appears in Japanese art and pottery. The flower was first cultivated in China, though. The carved figure is 3.5" high.

Comments and critiques appreciated.

511800708_nSJfq-L.jpg
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2009
    TonyCooper wrote:
    I've added a new gallery to my SmugMug site: Table Top Photography. Days where the weather restricts my outdoor photography, or I don't feel like driving around looking for "that shot", I set up in the garage.

I used a chrysanthemum for the foreground because of the significence of that flower to the Japanese. The throne of the Emperor of Japan is called "The Chrysanthemum Throne". The Imperial Seal of Japan bears a chrysanthemum, and the flower frequently appears in Japanese art and pottery. The flower was first cultivated in China, though. The carved figure is 3.5" high.

Comments and critiques appreciated.

Too bad chrysanthemum's stink, they are a pretty flower, but I cannot stand the smell of them.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge, interesting to learn about other cultures, I for one never knew this flower was so impressionalbe to the Japanese.

.... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin