Playing with Light Kit

Morris On LocationMorris On Location Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
edited April 14, 2009 in People
I recently received my light kit. Yea! I finally managed to talk my little ones into sitting for me....here is one of my daughter...any thoughts or suggestions?
iliza_re559.jpg

Comments

• ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2009
    Doesn't look bad at all, what kind of kit is it? How many lights? The reason i'm asking, is i see very little light in her eyes (catchlights)

You're in the right direction, also i think image can be a little brighter. (could be my monitors as well)

Keep on practicing!! thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2009
    Lights
    Looks to me like the lights two of them maybe at 45 degrees each, were high because of the light on the hair - no light on the background, spill on the face and below...not a bad start...need the lights to show a bit in her eyes, and some light on the background
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Morris On LocationMorris On Location Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited April 14, 2009
    I had my two 440w/s at 45 but only running at 1/4 the power with umbrellas and my 120w/s on a boom with a softbox. Unfortunately my living room is rather small and so she was only about 3ft from the backdrop would have loved for her to be 6 to 8ft away. Next we invest in a proper backdrop and stand. This was hanging off of our mantle. :)