Looking for field camera D60??

photojimphotojim Registered Users Posts: 10 Beginner grinner
edited April 14, 2009 in Cameras
Hi I am fairly new on here and have a simple question. I am a studio and wedding photographer and I have a love for the nature and wild life photography. I am looking for a camera to use in the field so I don't take out the studio equipment. I am looking for something light but good quality. Does anyone know much about the Nikon D60??

Comments

• JPerkinsJPerkins Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited April 14, 2009
    I have one and like it enough to not sell it.

However, there are some cons, the obvious one being that AF-D lenses and earlier won't autofocus on it and requires AF-S, HSM or BIM lenses.

There are only 3 focus points.

Good things:
    Light
    Inexpensive for the product
    Dust shaker
    Active D Lighting (love this)
    Good battery life
    cheap accessories - remote, $19, grip, $49, body armor $29
    Menu is easy
    Good lcd
    viewfinder is pretty good.
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,082 moderator
    edited April 14, 2009
    photojim wrote:
    Hi I am fairly new on here and have a simple question. I am a studio and wedding photographer and I have a love for the nature and wild life photography. I am looking for a camera to use in the field so I don't take out the studio equipment. I am looking for something light but good quality. Does anyone know much about the Nikon D60??

Photojim, welcome to the Digital Grin. clap.gif

If you plan on using prime lenses with the camera you might want to take a look at the D90 which has the AF screw mechanism, which the D60 lacks. It does look like Nikon and the third-party manufacturers will be producing more AF-S type primes so it may not be a big deal in the future but, for right now, the D80/D90 will accommodate the older screw-drive lenses with AF.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums